Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Haha, thanks guys.

I used my SV (with J50BC & JE1000) into a good old GP-1000 (this was the 87 model, btw).

I recorded the output of the GP-1000 directly, then did a lot of heavy processing to get it to sound "real." So no cabinet or microphone was involved. I used Voxengo Boogex for the cabinet simulator, along with a few eq plugins, and that's about it! Just make sure to give them strings a beatin' as Mitch pointed out. :lol: And the secret to the overall dirtiness is in the bass sound, I think.

Here's the BT is anyone is interested.

How is everyone playing the main gtr/keyboard melody???

I'm playing it like this, at the moment:
69qm4x.jpg

I learned it about a year ago differently..more alt. picking and strings skipping, no pull-offs..same notes though..but never really practised it much, so can't play it 100% clean. I need more practice.

How is everyone playing the main gtr/keyboard melody???

I'm playing it like this, at the moment:
69qm4x.jpg

The last 9 on the G string I play a 14 on the D string, otherwise I play the same, but I don't think if I'll take part this time cos what I've got so far sucks, :lol: I can't play it clean enough. I've got the rythm guitars done since this morning but I can't handle the ''lead'' clean enough and also I miss quite a lot of notes :erk: If someone doesn't belive me I can post the proof, but beware, you might end up deaf, :lol:

I think that's the way I tabbed it in the tab in the first post, isn't it? I was gonna learn it that way but I thought it's tricky enough as it is so I might as well keep it in one position.

For anyone that has the Rockhouse DVD's, how does Alexi show it?

I think that's the way I tabbed it in the tab in the first post, isn't it? I was gonna learn it that way but I thought it's tricky enough as it is so I might as well keep it in one position.

For anyone that has the Rockhouse DVD's, how does Alexi show it?

yup

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J7iThdiXQ0&feature=related[/ame]
they don't show it in the video
but at 1:20 they play that riff again (in other key)
but what is he playing at 1:24, his hand goes up the neck, i don't hear any high notes, or is it the pinch (which is half a second later):loco:

Haha, thanks guys.

I used my SV (with J50BC & JE1000) into a good old GP-1000 (this was the 87 model, btw).

I recorded the output of the GP-1000 directly, then did a lot of heavy processing to get it to sound "real." So no cabinet or microphone was involved. I used Voxengo Boogex for the cabinet simulator, along with a few eq plugins, and that's about it! Just make sure to give them strings a beatin' as Mitch pointed out. :lol: And the secret to the overall dirtiness is in the bass sound, I think.

Here's the BT is anyone is interested.

Could you tell me what tubes you have ? i know what type it is but i mean the brand?

i dont know what or how BUT your 87 model sounds better than my 88 model :S??:erk: