Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

^:lol: That's what I've tried, and I can manage it at 150, but 200 is too fast for me, :lol: I mean, I know I have vids (Hellion solo) of ''harder'' stuff, but they all have tricks. F.e. in the Hellion vid the descending runs (or ascending, I don't remember) are legato instead of picked, cos I can't. That in a solo can work, but for stuff like that T,L&S thing is when my still not as good as I'd like alt picking comes out. I'll try again before Friday though to see if I get it, :lol:

^:lol: That's what I've tried, and I can manage it at 150, but 200 is too fast for me, :lol: I mean, I know I have vids (Hellion solo) of ''harder'' stuff, but they all have tricks. F.e. in the Hellion vid the descending runs (or ascending, I don't remember) are legato instead of picked, cos I can't. That in a solo can work, but for stuff like that T,L&S thing is when my still not as good as I'd like alt picking comes out. I'll try again before Friday though to see if I get it, :lol:

Awesome man, stick at it! :)

...to be honest... I think that this song is to hard for him (and most of you other guys). I needed about five minutes to learn this part (the complete one with both guitars). I've started also with 180 bpm and after two repeats I got it. I've heard lots of stuff from you guys and I think that only a few ppl here a able to play licks nearly perfect like that and harder ones (f.ex. solos) like me, Epi, reaperscythe, Ben and Mitch....

I'm done with all the backing tracks for the Blooddrunk album. I tried uploading to my server but it keeps failing so I'll try sendspace tomorrow night or Thursday night.

I needed about five minutes to learn this part (the complete one with both guitars). I've started also with 180 bpm and after two repeats I got it.

astoundingvm6.jpg

For the first lead riff it took me about 5 minutes at 200 (didn't bother slowing it down) but for the 2nd lead part it took me a few minutes longer! :)

...to be honest... I think that this song is to hard for him (and most of you other guys). I needed about five minutes to learn this part (the complete one with both guitars). I've started also with 180 bpm and after two repeats I got it. I've heard lots of stuff from you guys and I think that only a few ppl here a able to play licks nearly perfect like that and harder ones (f.ex. solos) like me, Epi, reaperscythe, Ben and Mitch....

didnt anyone get the memo about internet bragging being pretty fail? :p

I only palm muted that much cuz I can't play a certain part properly without mistakes. I just wanted to cover it up and I'm not great at mixing so everything seems loud so I just wanted to make it less harsh. But thanks for the comments!

Oh, I forgot about that PM. Here's the soundfonts that I use to make BT's:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/z3qrsy

There's the drum and bass one and then another called "26.1mg Christian Collins GS V1.0 Live!.sf2". That's for keyboards.

Import it to a keyboard track and then you can click the track and you'll get a pop up thing where you can select the exact same sounds as Guitar Pro 4, but of course, these are MUCH better and more realistic sounding. I made all the Blooddrunk BT's with these three soundfonts.

I'm gonna try and do a Tie My Rope one now.

What program do you use to record with?

Well I slowed the first riff down to 150bpm and worked on it for a while, bring it up to 190. I don't give a shit whether it makes me cool or not if I don't need to. At least I played it accurately and that's all that matters to me. Stop comparing how many times it took you to do it ffs!

And I record with Cool Edit Pro/Adobe Audition.

It wasn't that bad José, just a bit too uhm.. rushed? Just needs a little more practice and it'll be fine! :D It's a hard riff/run.

Thanks, but you can be honest, :lol: It fucking sucked, that's why I don't want to take part this time, :lol:

BTW: Jose, no accent as my full name is a composed one (Jose Miguel) ;)

I'm starting to think about sigging that, :lol:

]...to be honest... I think that this song is to hard for him (and most of you other guys[/B]). I needed about five minutes to learn this part (the complete one with both guitars). I've started also with 180 bpm and after two repeats I got it. I've heard lots of stuff from you guys and I think that only a few ppl here a able to play licks nearly perfect like that and harder ones (f.ex. solos) like me, Epi, reaperscythe, Ben and Mitch....

Which is the exact reason I mentioned for saying I won't want to take part for T,L&S, I posted the sendspace cos Tim said it couldn't be that bad and it was like saying: ''now you see what I mean??''. Anyway, I'm still practicing it in case I get it better before Friday.

^ Good job dropping names dude :lol:

:lol::lol:

I'm done with all the backing tracks for the Blooddrunk album. I tried uploading to my server but it keeps failing so I'll try sendspace tomorrow night or Thursday night.

:kickass: Thanks dude!

didnt anyone get the memo about internet bragging being pretty fail? :p

Yeah, it makes their e-penises feel bigger.

:lol::lol::lol:

Well I slowed the first riff down to 150bpm and worked on it for a while, bring it up to 190. I don't give a shit whether it makes me cool or not if I don't need to. At least I played it accurately and that's all that matters to me. Stop comparing how many times it took you to do it ffs!

And I record with Cool Edit Pro/Adobe Audition.

Touché, sir.

I have other problem....it's damn hard for me to memorize licks like the first one in TLS....takes AGES!! Even though I can play similar licks without problems at that speed and have the skills needed. I'd probably need 15min (if not more) to memorize all the notes correctly. :erk:

^Thanks!

In fact I've been practising and I think this new take is more decent. Way to go to match it to Ben's amusing recording but it's ok I think:

T,L&S take 2

BTW, I don't think it's noticeable, but rythm and first lead riff are recorded with my Ibanez RG370DX and the 2nd lead riff is played with my RR24.

I have other problem....it's damn hard for me to memorize licks like the first one in TLS....takes AGES!! Even though I can play similar licks without problems at that speed and have the skills needed. I'd probably need 15min (if not more) to memorize all the notes correctly. :erk:

:lol::lol: Wish that was my only problem, :lol:

Damn my fucking GCSE's and the fact I don't have a plug in! In 5 weeks I wil record every single riff of the week since this thread's beggining. oh an shut up Arcane, your what 25? Everyone here is under that, and Tim did a brilliant job so STFU (although I owe you one for the briliant ETID tab)

Damn my fucking GCSE's and the fact I don't have a plug in! In 5 weeks I wil record every single riff of the week since this thread's beggining. oh an shut up Arcane, your what 25? Everyone here is under that, and Tim did a brilliant job so STFU (although I owe you one for the briliant ETID tab)

My first Higher is tomorrow :( I will be going out for a pint afterwards tho! :D