Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Whoa Twisha! Nice tone!! :kickass:
I'd say you really got to work on your bends though.
But nice recording!
most definitely. bends and vibratos. thanks for the feedback :)

As Flappy said, you have to work on your bends. The tone is good but the recording is too weak like if you're shy when playing (00:51), too much concentrated. Just rock on with your guitar! :headbang:
hmm...I think I know what you mean. like that empty spot at :51. I guess I could've done something with the whammy.

Yours is really cool, but I'm not too fond of the wet echoey type sound anymore. I much prefer my drier and middy type tone. The tone was actually one of the things I was more proud of, because it didn't get destroyed when I mixed it down to mp3, like it usually does.

Your playing was great, though. You've come a long way. :kickass:
I actually prefer the drier tone also, but since I haven't been able to come up with a satisfactory one, I use this one for the time being cuz it's nice for being the wet, echoey type. thanks for the comment, but there's sooo much I have to work on :lol:
- Week 36: The Rock Theme
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7238151

Advice very welcome! :)
very smooth playing! and those triplets were amazingly clean. good job practicing on them :headbang:

Nice one, Flappy!! The middle part was great on the descending lick, but I think the ascending part needed a bit more time because I heard a few wrong notes.

I corrected the tab, did I forget to upload it? I meant to do it when I uploaded my ROTW but I obviously forgot.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wcousf

very smooth playing! and those triplets were amazingly clean. good job practicing on them :headbang:
Thanks!

Nice one, Flappy!! The middle part was great on the descending lick, but I think the ascending part needed a bit more time because I heard a few wrong notes.

I corrected the tab, did I forget to upload it? I meant to do it when I uploaded my ROTW but I obviously forgot.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wcousf
Oh yes I have defenitely hit some wrong ones there :lol:
Thanks!
And nice correction of the tab, looks good.

Maan, it's been a long time, I really need to pull myself together and release a batch of ROTWs... I wish Mozart wasn't getting in the way =)

New video on YouTube - NEXT IN LINE!

I tried a new tone for my rythm guitar. It sounds pretty good over my headphones and I think it's the best tone I've ever made with my Korg but as always - YouTube fucks it up!

Anyway, tell me what you think!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RXYyzzMxZg&feature=channel_page[/ame]

mind if you would upload your audio file only? playing is awesome as always^^
either youtube fucked up your sound pretty bad, or its weird, dunno ;)

OK. Maybe YouTube fucked up the sound.

YouTube doesn't fuck up the tone. It's just an excuse for saying your tone is shit.

If it did tho, mess it up, you either did one of the following:

-Rendered in shit audio/video quality
-Panned the audio, making it stereo. YouTube = mono.

Go into the URL, the video page, then add "&fmt=18" without quotes at the end of the video URL.

This makes the video HQ and the audio stereo. Clicking view in high quality only makes video HQ.

YouTube doesn't fuck up the tone. It's just an excuse for saying your tone is shit.

If it did tho, mess it up, you either did one of the following:

-Rendered in shit audio/video quality
-Panned the audio, making it stereo. YouTube = mono.

Go into the URL, the video page, then add "&fmt=18" without quotes at the end of the video URL.

This makes the video HQ and the audio stereo. Clicking view in high quality only makes video HQ.

I was about to say that!!!

And If your video is HD (720p), you can add &fmt=22. I'm not sure if the sound will be stereo though.

YouTube doesn't fuck up the tone.

That's bullshit. When I upload a mp3 on youtube and listen to the original one, it's a day/night difference. And you can watch/listen all my vids in high quality but when I compare them with my rendered video on my laptop or with my mp3 it losts a lot of quality.

Nice one Arcane!
I love the little part at 1:04/1:05 :p
The beginning of the solo should be a bit faster I think.
And I think the rythm tone should be a little les "drier".
And next time put a book under the camera so we can see more of your left hand work :lol:

Yeah, the beginng of the solo is hard to play faster without hitting wrong notes.
The book thing is good idea :) I will do it next time. Am I the only one who likes this dry sound?!? I think it's fucking great!

I like the dry tone, but it needs more high end, it kinda sounds like you've got a sweater over an amp or something, if you get what I mean.

Some of the cabs on the PX4 do that, so I use US HI GAIN or whatever it's called.

Well, the dry sound comes from my cab I think. Its this BLQ OD or whatever. When I changed the cab I will lose the dry sound. But I personally don't like the Hi Gain. I prefer the US MDN cause it has a heavier sound and less gain.

yay, I'm first for the last week's ROTW!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/whwtd7
I changed the 16th note part cuz I despised that riff pattern Alexi came up with.I tried it playing in anther position on the fretboard and it was still stinky. like you know when there are certain riffs that take you forever to get? your fingers always want to do something else and go to a different fret than the one it's supposed to. I reckon it's all muscle memory, but I just didn't have the patience to learn that weird thing right now. so I made my own little riff for that bar. same position, different note sequence.

yay, I'm first for the last week's ROTW!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/whwtd7
I changed the 16th note part cuz I despised that riff pattern Alexi came up with.I tried it playing in anther position on the fretboard and it was still stinky. like you know when there are certain riffs that take you forever to get? your fingers always want to do something else and go to a different fret than the one it's supposed to. I reckon it's all muscle memory, but I just didn't have the patience to learn that weird thing right now. so I made my own little riff for that bar. same position, different note sequence.

Sounds great! Since I've listend to your song on COBOT album I will more keep an eye on your contributions.
Only thing: the last bend at 0:26 sounds wrong