Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Recording of the Week - Silent Night, Bodom Night (Pre-Solo - Bars 67 - 73)

I thought that this week's shouldn't be too long, and I wanted to finish off Hatebreeder! :D

dude...those 16th note triplets at the last part seem a bit...umm...fast. This must be the advanced part :lol: but you didn't assign a "regular" riff....

oh and I will try to make the BT for the rock theme very soon. It's a shame how no one has submitted a riff for that one. not even mitch, and it was his rotw!

dude...those 16th note triplets at the last part seem a bit...umm...fast. This must be the advanced part :lol: but you didn't assign a "regular" riff....

oh and I will try to make the BT for the rock theme very soon. It's a shame how no one has submitted a riff for that one. not even mitch, and it was his rotw!

I'll get round to it, I'll definitely do it, but the past week hasn't been too great.

And Tim, review the bar numbers, I checked the tab and it's half way through a riff.

Not as good as marfal would've done, but at least we have something: The Rock Theme BT

oh and I forgot to make it only the intro, so it goes onto the rest of the song. just cut it on your recording program as far as you want it to go.

Check this shit out.

Warheart solo 80% tempo (because i suck) and only the first half (also because i suck)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one Ensi, I particularly like the insanely clean sweep.
I also think you've got a good wrist technique. Now practice it every day and soon you'll play it at 100% :)

And nice BT Mystique :kickass:

quick question

i'd like to help out with backing tracks, i already have the drums (superior 2.0 which for those who don't know is a very good program)

my only problem is bass and keys, the programs i have at the moment sound just a tad better than guitar pro...so what do the guys that make the backing tracks use for bass and keys?

thanks in advance

Nice one Ensi, I particularly like the insanely clean sweep.
I also think you've got a good wrist technique. Now practice it every day and soon you'll play it at 100% :)

And nice BT Mystique :kickass:
thanks :) are you actually gonna play that crazy 16th note triplets part?

quick question

i'd like to help out with backing tracks, i already have the drums (superior 2.0 which for those who don't know is a very good program)

my only problem is bass and keys, the programs i have at the moment sound just a tad better than guitar pro...so what do the guys that make the backing tracks use for bass and keys?

thanks in advance
fruity loops with soundfonts.

thanks :) are you actually gonna play that crazy 16th note triplets part?

fruity loops with soundfonts.
Well I tried it really quick a couple of days a go and I might be able do it. But it would need quite some practice :p The hardest thing is the speed, since it's actually easy licks which he repeats. Very fast.
Is it true that Alexander played that part btw? :worship:

haha, cool. I tried it out too, but it would require TOO much practice for myself. Good luck :)

Yeah I was wondering about that Alexander thing myself...I kinda doubt it for some reason. seems something more like Alexi would do.

It's definitely Alexi playing that part, if it's the

e-20-19-17
b-----------20-19-17-20-19-17
g------------------------------19-17-16

...thing. Listen to TW, Alexi is on the right speaker and Ale is on the left.

On the album, it's panned on the right. Alexi is almost always on the right, for example, Hatebreeder, Follow The Reaper, HCDR, Sinergy. I'm not sure about AYDY or BD. Haven't really paid much attention.

I'll record my version later.

On the album, it's panned on the right. Alexi is almost always on the right, for example, Hatebreeder, Follow The Reaper, HCDR, Sinergy. I'm not sure about AYDY or BD. Haven't really paid much attention.

I'll record my version later.

I've checked a few songs and on Hatebreeder Alexi is on left (I've checked Downfall and Towards dead end) and he's also on left on a few FTR songs I think (like KTS). But most are on right, yes. He seems to be on left on HCDR too (like YBOD, but I've only checked this song). On AYDY and Blooddrunk he's completly on left. But whatever...

@ Ensi: nice tone and really clean playing dude but you should try to record it in regular speed. I think nobody want's to see a slowed down solo. Either you can play it in full speed or not.
Sorry if this sounds too harsh but I just want to be honest.

Well Towards Dead End, the lead is panned slightly to the left, but Alexi's rhythm guitar is on the right, Ale's on the left. If there's a song that ONLY has two rhythm tracks, then it'll be split that way. And yes, he seems to be on the left for rhythms on HCDR, AYDY & BD. I only just checked now.

Here's my recording of The Rock Theme:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/38am6t