Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Sorry dude, I missed it. Great rythm tone, maybe a bit weak lead tone (not enough strength maybe, but it can be Youtube's fault so I won't go much into it), really nice playing and only a couple of things that sounded weird to me:

-The melody that Alexander/Roope plays: I think there's a wrong note in there, I think the 2nd one but not sure, but it's just that random note, the rest is played clean and smooth.
-The lead I think that has a bit more tapping at the ending lick, but it's a really tricky one (when I recorded it for the ROTW thing, I did an Emin sweep and tapp like Alexi does almost always nowadays, I couldn't pull the weird tapping :lol:) and you nailed what you play so :kickass:

Overall great cover as usual man :kickass:

ok thx dude! :) yeah my lead tone sucks and I know that the solo includes a bit more tapping but I don't know how I should play it. Alexi plays the solo on 100% Alexi but it'S different to the album version (like all of his solos he tried to explain - he's not the best teacher imo) and I tried to play the album solo.

and yes, I fucked up the melody part a bit. I always played in another way with the wrong notes but for this recording I first started to play it how it really goes but can't get the wrong notes 100% out of my head - that'S why I played it wrong in the video.

edit: download the audio file to hear the song with a better sound. I've posted a sendspace link for it

Nice recording Arcane though I must say I think you could've done better on the solo. It even sounds like you're a bit off time in the beginning. Great job otherwise!

Any comments on my Downfall cover?

Normally, I don't comment here because I don't want to feel obligated to record bodom songs. But I have to say that you really have the skills down.

You can play these fast licks very clean, I already heard it in previous recordings. But I really think that your vibrato sounds pretty uncontrolled in this recording (1:44, 2:33 etc) and I remember that it was way better in your "Kantry" song.

I obviously don't play as fast as you, but that's one thing I thought you could do better.

Well Towards Dead End, the lead is panned slightly to the left, but Alexi's rhythm guitar is on the right, Ale's on the left. If there's a song that ONLY has two rhythm tracks, then it'll be split that way. And yes, he seems to be on the left for rhythms on HCDR, AYDY & BD. I only just checked now.

Here's my recording of The Rock Theme:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/38am6t

dammit, I hate to be posting mine after yours. but I might as well. nice job nailing those 16th and 32nd note triplets! however, I do think my tone is slightly better than yours :p hehe

Here's my Rock Theme intro thingy Touch Like Angel of Death Intro
I made up stuff at the parts I couldn't play/didn't bother trying.

edit: I know my vibrato sucks. I haven't every really practiced it, I always used to just use my fingers for it until I saw in the GP thread we're supposed to use the wrist as well.

@ Ensi: nice tone and really clean playing dude but you should try to record it in regular speed. I think nobody want's to see a slowed down solo. Either you can play it in full speed or not.
Sorry if this sounds too harsh but I just want to be honest.

I still think it is pretty fast at 80%, and I think it sounds good. If I did it at full speed, it would sound so sloppy and messy 80% would be better.

And I would like to see the solo at 80% rather than 40%, not THAT, no one wants to see.

And thanks for the comment and criticism! But sorrily I am not skilled enough yet to manage Bodom solos full speed:erk:

Whoa Twisha! Nice tone!! :kickass:
I'd say you really got to work on your bends though.
But nice recording!

And Ensi if you don't say in the name of the vid that it's on 80% of the speed I don't think anyone will notice it :p

Normally, I don't comment here because I don't want to feel obligated to record bodom songs. But I have to say that you really have the skills down.

You can play these fast licks very clean, I already heard it in previous recordings. But I really think that your vibrato sounds pretty uncontrolled in this recording (1:44, 2:33 etc) and I remember that it was way better in your "Kantry" song.

I obviously don't play as fast as you, but that's one thing I thought you could do better.

Thx for the feedback!

You're right with the vibrato but it's not my fault. My strings are to close to my fretboard so 80% of my squirrils sound bad because the strings hit my stabs at the higher frets and I was to busy to adjust my tremolo.

dammit, I hate to be posting mine after yours. but I might as well. nice job nailing those 16th and 32nd note triplets! however, I do think my tone is slightly better than yours :p hehe

edit: I know my vibrato sucks. I haven't every really practiced it, I always used to just use my fingers for it until I saw in the GP thread we're supposed to use the wrist as well.

As Flappy said, you have to work on your bends. The tone is good but the recording is too weak like if you're shy when playing (00:51), too much concentrated. Just rock on with your guitar! :headbang:

^Very well said.
Maybe that's it, maybe you're playing to careful. Just throw all the feeling in there! :lol:

Yours is really cool, but I'm not too fond of the wet echoey type sound anymore. I much prefer my drier and middy type tone. The tone was actually one of the things I was more proud of, because it didn't get destroyed when I mixed it down to mp3, like it usually does.

Your playing was great, though. You've come a long way. :kickass: