Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Thanks marfal!

- Week 35: In the Shadows riffs
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7185534
Leads are better hearable with a headset.

Advice very welcome! :)

@ Jose:
Hmm I somehow find it difficult to say something about your tones.
I think I might even like your 2nd better.
Sent you the presets btw.

Thanks! But do you find it difficult meaning both suck or that both are cool/ok? :lol:

Both are ok, but I also think you could've played better. I think that plays a role too in whether we like a tone or not.

Dunno, I'm not that great player, that riff is hard to nail for me, but I may give it a go again. Now I have to restring as I just snapped low E and A strings at the fucking same time :lol: Damn squealings with rusty strings :lol:

damn, this is a long ROTW. and it sounds really good! is this the same tone you are using for your song on the cobot album? (the riff you posted for that was kickass btw)

Both are ok, but I also think you could've played better. I think that plays a role too in whether we like a tone or not.

Definitely. the better you play, the better your tone sounds. one of the guitar players on this forum (I think it was Corny?) said that a lot of the tone comes from the fingers itself.

oh yeah, Jose, I like the first tone better. I don't know what you did with the equalizer, but the 2nd one sounds pretty fuzzy. like the gate wasn't on or something. Anyway, the first tone was pretty good!

damn, this is a long ROTW. and it sounds really good! is this the same tone you are using for your song on the cobot album? (the riff you posted for that was kickass btw)

Definitely. the better you play, the better your tone sounds. one of the guitar players on this forum (I think it was Corny?) said that a lot of the tone comes from the fingers itself.
Thanks! And yeah it's the same tone I'm using for the cobot album song. Actually it's the tone I use for pretty much every recording :lol:

And yea I think Corny was right about that :)

^I'm working on angels don't kill full, maybe bodom beach terror later, also full.
I'm looking forward to the Bodom Beach Terror pre-solo riff :D
And maybe it's so quiet in here because everyone is busy with their cobot album songs.

And now, as I said that I'm trying tones a lot, here it goes:

ROTW 34 - Children Of Bodom intro (2)

ROTW 34 - Children Of Bodom intro (2) (eq)

The basic tone is the same, and the recording too, only that in the 2nd one I tried a lil bit of equing, although I think I fucked up. I prefer the 1st one, but I'd like to hear your opinions. Thanks to Daniel (Ensi) for the preset.

The first one is MUCH better.

@ Jose:
Hmm I somehow find it difficult to say something about your tones.
I think I might even like your 2nd better.
Sent you the presets btw.

Awesome man! Shame that only one person did it, though. :erk:

Long one indeed, but I couldn't decide where to start it from, since I loved too much of it. :lol:

I'm 3 days in bed with fever and no new posts when I come back? What's going on? No new In The Shadows recordings?

I did mine a while ago but was too lazy to upload it...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/v6qbqq

I'm am getting totally pissed off with my rhythm tone fucking up after I save it to mp3, so I screwed the second rhythm and just did one and two leads. I love this riff but my recording is terrible but CEP is being a cunt. :mad:

Sounds pretty good already, at 140bmp it's still tight.

Haha nice, you're doing better than me, I can't even play the damn thing. I can play the solo though...:ill:

I think I've decided on a ROTW for today. I had an idea, then changed it, and now I've changed it again because it's a bit more different. I hope more people will take part this time. :cry:

I didn't take part cos I've been sick for like 4-5 days already and previously I had finally started to record my COBOT song and wanted to go on with it, but as soon as I'm done with the COBOT thing I'm going to give it a shot :kickass:

And about your ITS, I like it, I think it's good :)

I did mine a while ago but was too lazy to upload it...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/v6qbqq

I'm am getting totally pissed off with my rhythm tone fucking up after I save it to mp3, so I screwed the second rhythm and just did one and two leads. I love this riff but my recording is terrible but CEP is being a cunt. :mad:

I think I've decided on a ROTW for today. I had an idea, then changed it, and now I've changed it again because it's a bit more different. I hope more people will take part this time. :cry:
I did those 2 rythms but eventually put one on a really low volume because it just sounded so fecking weird :erk:
And I'm curious about the ROTW :)

I kinda forgot about this, sorry guys. I think I'll go with this one, it's a bit different and could be quite cool for us all.

Riff Of The Week 36 (Tokyo Warhearts Special)

† 'The Rock' Theme † (Found on 'Tokyo Warhearts', track 9, 00:00-01:25)

*Advanced* - † 'War Of Razors' † (Found on 'Tokyo Warhearts', track 6)

(I thought the Advanced thing would be a little fun if everyone just recorded themselves playing Laiho licks over a keyboard holding an E note, maybe program in a keyboard duel too and have a lil' fun with that. Maybe Fetzer or Ben Johnson could actually play keys for someone or anyone else with a keyboard & sum skillz)

I kinda forgot about this, sorry guys. I think I'll go with this one, it's a bit different and could be quite cool for us all.

Riff Of The Week 36 (Tokyo Warhearts Special)

† 'The Rock' Theme † (Found on 'Tokyo Warhearts', track 9, 00:00-01:25)

*Advanced* - † 'War Of Razors' † (Found on 'Tokyo Warhearts', track 6)

(I thought the Advanced thing would be a little fun if everyone just recorded themselves playing Laiho licks over a keyboard holding an E note, maybe program in a keyboard duel too and have a lil' fun with that. Maybe Fetzer or Ben Johnson could actually play keys for someone or anyone else with a keyboard & sum skillz)
Those have crazy sick parts in them :p