Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

:kickass: Still haven't found a santa hat though :erk:

But I've had some problems with my new Toneport UX2, so if anyone in here uses it + Gearbox + Windows VistAIDS and can help me, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me, it's driving me nuts. It sounds, but the whole thing gets fucked up when I try to record and gets blocked. And Ableton Lite thing does record but in a crappy way and I can't put BTs in there and only record 4 audio tracks.

These are the errors the fucker tells me about in the Line 6 Monkey thingie:

UX21-processor.jpg

UX22-Chipset.jpg

UX23-DriverDMAMode.jpg

:kickass: Still haven't found a santa hat though :erk:

But I've had some problems with my new Toneport UX2, so if anyone in here uses it + Gearbox + Windows VistAIDS and can help me, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me, it's driving me nuts. It sounds, but the whole thing gets fucked up when I try to record and gets blocked. And Ableton Lite thing does record but in a crappy way and I can't put BTs in there and only record 4 audio tracks.

These are the errors the fucker tells me about in the Line 6 Monkey thingie:

I've done it to get vista+ux2+gearbox+audition working:cool:
I must admit that I have had problems with it too.
On xp though, it was a Lot easier.

I never used the ableton live which was with it, because I bought a retour model, and the previous owner used the serial for ableton, I mailed them and got a new serial, but it was still fucked up and I didn't care about it anyway.

I'll help you on msn.:)

Edit: Ignore the line 6 monkeything, it's for buying the effect and amp packs.

Jose, try clicking "online help" next to the run check button in your screens (or the "support..." button). There might be some help on the internet :)
Also, your processor seems to be too slow for Gearbox, might be a big obstacle.
And you should use another daw like reaper or audition =p.
Since I don't have Vista I can't really help you with the rest.

:lol: My processor is the one with 2.26GHz, 1.2 is the minimum needed. I actually solved it last night with a lil bit of help from the Line 6 forum. I just installed the Gearbox 3.70 and now it works great :kickass: So... time to record! Thanks anyways guys, I appreciate it :)

Ah ok misread that Jose. Great you got it working now! Now hell let me hear those tones! :D
And Merry Christmas everyone :)

Nice lead tone Jose, rythm can be better but at least there's no distance in the recording whatsoever!
I can send you the presets Matias (the Phenom) sent me, I think he'll be ok with that.
Also, I don't know if you already do it, try recording 2 rythm tracks and pan 1 left and 1 right.

Couldn't find a santa hat either so I guess Mitch gets to choose the next ROTW's =p

Awesome, thanks guys! I can't believe no one else posted, who the fuck doesn't have a Santa hat!!

Anyway,

Week 35 ROTW - In The Shadows
TAB

*Main Riff* Bars 172-230

*Extra Riff* Bars 35-78

Backing Track (C#)
Backing Track (D)

I hope it's alright for everyone, not too long, but these riffs are awesome, so let's fuckin' rock! :kickass:

HAHA YES!
This is like one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever written.
Nice Mitch.

1st toneport recording, and also once again after such a long time, first sumbmiting :kickass: Comments really appreciated, specially tone-wise (anyone wants to share presets :)?), cos I already know the playing is kinda sloopy as I don't have much time with all the Christmas stuff.

ROTW 34 - Children Of Bodom intro

Oh, and sorry for double posting :D

Ok, it sounds not bad but: I don't like your rythm tone. Try to use less bass and gain and more treble. Which amp model do you use?
The lead tone is ok but I also miss something in out but don't know what atm.

^I will, it was just a trial thing, I'm still trying to decide what to use, having new stuff is always nice but takes some time to find the sound you like :)

@Flappy: I do usually use two rythm tracks, I just didn't this time, but thanks! And it'd be great if you sent me those presets :)

@Mitch: Good choice!

And now, as I said that I'm trying tones a lot, here it goes:

ROTW 34 - Children Of Bodom intro (2)

ROTW 34 - Children Of Bodom intro (2) (eq)

The basic tone is the same, and the recording too, only that in the 2nd one I tried a lil bit of equing, although I think I fucked up. I prefer the 1st one, but I'd like to hear your opinions. Thanks to Daniel (Ensi) for the preset.