Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Awesome playing Arcane,very different to 99% of the COB covers on youtube with the split screens and BT,you should do some songs of hatebreeder if you get a chance,keep it up!!!!!:kickass:

Kickass playing Mitch,get cracking on the next covers

Got a question guys,I'm getting a Macbook pro laptop for christmas,what recording software would you recommend?????drum machines/recording programmes etc etc???It comes with garage band already installed but I'm sure their are better programmes,any help would be appreciated

Got a question guys,I'm getting a Macbook pro laptop for christmas,what recording software would you recommend?????drum machines/recording programmes etc etc???It comes with garage band already installed but I'm sure their are better programmes,any help would be appreciated
There's a program for macs called Logic that is really powerful. My friend has it and I've been pretty impressed the few chances I've had to use it. It's kind of expensive though, if I remember right.

Nice vids Arcane!!
The Wrath Within solo is awesome! And nice harmonies.
And I somehow lol'd at the pinch harmonic at 0:17 :lol:

Awesome playing Arcane,very different to 99% of the COB covers on youtube with the split screens and BT,you should do some songs of hatebreeder if you get a chance,keep it up!!!!!:kickass:

Kickass playing Mitch,get cracking on the next covers

For MAC the most important companies for DAWsoftware are Steinberg (with Cubase and Nuendo) and Apple itself (with Logic, like Fret said).
Ofcourse there are many other good programs but I'm really unfamiliar with MAC so I don't know how these programs work with MAC.
Both Cubase and Logic are mainly used for traditional recordings and work with midi. They also come with several plugins.

For drums I'd recommand either Superior Drummer 2.0 or Addictive Drums. Both sound very realistic and are suitable for metal.

Thanks Twisha :D

I've just had an idea to justify the potential purchase of santa hats....

------------ CHRISTMAS COMPETITION! ------------

How to Enter

1. Obtain a Santa Hat

2. Grab Your Instrument

3. Take a Picture!

The Prize!
Who ever wins will be allowed to choose the Recording of the Week #35 & #36 - The Christmas and New Year Specials!

So, go and be as metal as is humanly possible, whilst retaining your Christmas cheer!

Cool!

Also, entries for the Christmas Competition MUST be in by the 25th of December! :)

Wat??? Gotta hurry :ill:

I dunno wtf you're talking about, but ok! :lol:

And I recorded some moar videos the other day:

Hellhounds On My Trail Solo
Punch Me I Bleed Solo
Are You Dead Yet? Solo

:kickass: I wanna do Follow The Reaper, In Your Face & Next In Line too.

:worship:notworthy:worship: Freakin awesome dude! Go for the other three!

Damn great! Ace playing and tone, and you're getting quite addicted to video editing I see :lol: BTW, ETID was sick too, and the wrong video thing isn't that noticeable, don't worry :)

5? You sure about that?

Anyway, what I was going to say was, and now, this is just a crazy idea, which is in no way true, but just something I randomly thought of..

In the first few albums, Janne used the harpsichord quite a few times, which gave it that neoclassical feel, but as he's used it less is the previous two albums, maybe that's why everyone is bitching about them sounding different..

Anyway, that was my crazy idea for this year.. Luckily we only have to wait a few more days till next year :p

5? You sure about that?

Anyway, what I was going to say was, and now, this is just a crazy idea, which is in no way true, but just something I randomly thought of..

In the first few albums, Janne used the harpsichord quite a few times, which gave it that neoclassical feel, but as he's used it less is the previous two albums, maybe that's why everyone is bitching about them sounding different..

Anyway, that was my crazy idea for this year.. Luckily we only have to wait a few more days till next year :p

I've been thinking about this too, and he doesn't use the organsound anymore aswel..

Thanks Twisha :D

I've just had an idea to justify the potential purchase of santa hats....

------------ CHRISTMAS COMPETITION! ------------

How to Enter

1. Obtain a Santa Hat

2. Grab Your Instrument

3. Take a Picture!

The Prize!
Who ever wins will be allowed to choose the Recording of the Week #35 & #36 - The Christmas and New Year Specials!

So, go and be as metal as is humanly possible, whilst retaining your Christmas cheer!

Nice to see that we have to take a dumb picture of us with santas hat first before anyone is allowed to do the next ROTW. What if anyone of us wants to have [...] as ROTW in 4 weeks or sth? What if I want to have Lake Bodom intro as ROTW for the 2nd Januar week? :rolleyes:

Come on dude, it's a fun thing for a couple of weeks. I haven't even chosen a ROTW ever, I just record what Tim or whoever says cos the fun thing is to record it, not which one I record, and the pics my turn out funny :)