Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Sinergy-Wake up in hell(intro+solo):headbang:
Edit:http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7132453

The rhythm tone is AWESOME!! I wish I could get my PX4 to sound this way, but I don't use anything else but that. I should try playing around with impules again.

First, sorry for double posting, but I made the other one yesterday and it's not like I'm always doing it :)

Taste Of My Scythe :kickass:

I changed my tone quite a bit (put treble down from 9 to 3, mids up from 4 to 7 and bass down from 9 to 7, gain remained the same and cab the same 4x12 vintage) and added some weird hall stuff to the leads. I quite like it, tell me what you people think :D

I was impressed by the fact you nailed the rhythm parts during the first few seconds, not many people can accurately play triplets like that (SNBN for example).

^Nice guitar Mitch, how does it play? :lol:

And about the Warheart thing, I thought it afterwards, but why didn't you record the rythm guitars? You could have just turned up the lead a bit or something. Anyway, the lead was perfect and it's true that it stands out and it's easier to get when it doesn't ahve rythm guitars underneath. Great job on it BTW.

I tried playing it last night and it's impossible to even pove your fingers on it, I wanted to do that "fake" video but it just looks rediculous. :lol:

And I didn't want to record the rhythm for that part just so the lead could be hear better. Plus, when I record loads of parts, it sounds muddy because I'm not good at mixing.

Hahaha mitch it comes with a stand and everything, how cute :)

Too bad it doesn't have a locking nut tho :D

Yeah I know, how am I supposed to keep it in tune after a divebomb? :lol:

lol that's what I thought too. and where's the strap?! :p

I wondered this also! :cry:

Recording of the Week - Touch Like an Angel of Death (Verse - Bars 16 - 34)

*Advanced* - Touch Like an Angel of Death (Chorus - Bars 159 - 172)

*Advanced Pt. 2* - Touch Like an Angel of Death (Solo - Bars 117 - 148)

Nice one!! I'll record all the audios again sometime next week hopefully but here's an audio recording I did about a year ago after I recorded my video of it that's on my YouTube page.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/j1l30t

- Week 32: Taste of my Scythe interludes + solo's
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7142393

Advice very welcome! :)

Very cool!! Love the harmonies. :kickass:

And here's my ROTW for week 23!
BLACK WIDOW
it wasn't clipping when I recorded it, but when I exported it to the audio mixdown (yay cubase is working for me again!) it started clipping cuz the volume became higher for some reason. Anyway, as Mart always says, Advice very welcome!

I was impressed!! I found this one rather difficult because I can't downpick very well, so to hear this played without mistakes is great!

I have to agree with the others here dude, I was suprised to hear that off sounding bend, but it is the only thing in there that needs work, so good job!

^Thanks, pretty good quality vid!

I was impressed by the fact you nailed the rhythm parts during the first few seconds, not many people can accurately play triplets like that (SNBN for example).

I have to agree with the others here dude, I was suprised to hear that off sounding bend, but it is the only thing in there that needs work, so good job!

Thanks, and yeah, I'll work on that bend next week when weird Literature test is over :)

Wait.. What just happened? Did Mitch just out quote Jose?!

That's what it seems :lol:

Twisha, I think it goes without saying, you are the most metal girl ever! Haha!
lol thanks! altho I don't even consider myself a metal head. it's just that Bodom is what inspired me to play guitar, so I try my best in honor of Alexi's playing and compositions :)

I was impressed!! I found this one rather difficult because I can't downpick very well, so to hear this played without mistakes is great!
seriously! downpicking that fast is strenuous on the wrist. I started practicing it at 50% of the tempo and slowly worked my way up. thanks for the comment, means a lot :)

Here is something I just finished. A few days late, but something is better than nothing

Week 32: Taste of My Scythe

Nice recording!
Is it me or is your rythm tone quite different than on your Black Widow recording?
I like that one better I think.

Nothing really important to say but I think the first part sounds a bit too staccato but it could be what you wanted to do and the harmonic at 00:28 comes a little bit too early! Tone is quite nice!

I had a hard time getting that pinched harmonic sounding right, so I ended up rushing it on that take, but since it finally came out, I just left it. Thanks for the feedback :)

Bad news everyone :(

There will be a new ROTW this friday, but I will not be able to record for a while :( I had some goo sucked out of my hand lump today, and it's well sore!! Dunno when I'll be able to play again :(

Now, get well cards/presents will all be gladly accepted :)

Bad news everyone :(

There will be a new ROTW this friday, but I will not be able to record for a while :( I had some goo sucked out of my hand lump today, and it's well sore!! Dunno when I'll be able to play again :(

Now, get well cards/presents will all be gladly accepted :)

aw man, I'm sorry to hear that :( Here's to a fast recovery tho :kickass:

And I just found this pic, and it reminded me of you cuz you just mentioned the santa hats + your Scottish (the bagpipes) :)
MCj01333230000%5B1%5D_small.gif

Thanks Twisha :D

I've just had an idea to justify the potential purchase of santa hats....

------------ CHRISTMAS COMPETITION! ------------

How to Enter

1. Obtain a Santa Hat

2. Grab Your Instrument

3. Take a Picture!

The Prize!
Who ever wins will be allowed to choose the Recording of the Week #35 & #36 - The Christmas and New Year Specials!

So, go and be as metal as is humanly possible, whilst retaining your Christmas cheer!