Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

And sorry for this is not a CoB cover solo but since almost no-one comments my videos on youtube I thought that you could say something about this. It's the video of Wintersun's Beyond the Dark Sun intro sweeps. And I know that my guitars E, A and D strings are bit out of tune so the riff in the beginning doesn't sound very good but if you could comment something else in it, I would be grateful :)

Last edited by a moderator:
^Feckin' awesome sweep dude, seriously! :kickass:
I'd say you should record another one with the upper strings well tuned because it kills the vid a bit. Awesome clean sweep though.

Thanks :) And I thought to record a new one right after that but my camera ran out of batteries so I couldn't :( And I've also been too busy and lazy to record new one but I'll make new one soon :)

And sorry for this is not a CoB cover solo but since almost no-one comments my videos on youtube I thought that you could say something about this. It's the video of Wintersun's Beyond the Dark Sun intro sweeps. And I know that my guitars E, A and D strings are bit out of tune so the riff in the beginning doesn't sound very good but if you could comment something else in it, I would be grateful :)

wow....how did you sweep like that?? looks like you're not even moving your fingers...

1225819667097.jpg

I felt like posting something completely random and off-topic.

Have a nice day you guys:)

intro could be challenging. it's a good choice tho!
and is it just me or does the interlude sound very similar to Mozart's Requiem?

I don't know about that but I do know the nail has some licks from J-S Bach's Toccata and Fugue.

People like this should be encouraged! Even if they look transexual!

Last edited by a moderator:
Because asians usually go for specialization. I'm sure you wouldn't be as amazed if you asked the guy how many hours he spent on the song =)

EDIT: You guys should really stop talking about that fat skinhead-looking guy; he may suck and all (most of my violin covers are closer to the tab than his guitar covers), but by giving him extra attention you're doing exactly what he wants you to do, and encourage him to be more of an ass. I'm sure he checks the thread daily.

EDIT2: This weeks ROTW sounds fun, maybe I should start being active again and do it... next week (lol too busy this week). It will be a bit of a challenge though.

Haha, well, I grew up ina country with a shitty gov't and with parents who forced me to do stuff, so I traded communism for skepticism. Don't regret it =)))

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQLyeGr9hmg&feature=channel[/ame]
holy f*** that guy is sick
and he's got a nice guitar, me wants! :lol: