Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

About the guy who is playing The Bitch Is Back and Lake Bodom, doesn't his gutiar look A LOT like Nazgul's sold custom Stars RR?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibSRV5Qojto

It's not my vid...it's a cover made by one of my friends but my pc has a fucking virus and i can't listen anything....:erk:

So can you comment the vid on?:)

He could do with some more practice IMHO.

Forget to comment on this one.
Very nice one Jose! Indeed much better than your previous non-toneport recordings :D
Very nice clean tone.

Thanks! :D

And sorry for this is not a CoB cover solo but since almost no-one comments my videos on youtube I thought that you could say something about this. It's the video of Wintersun's Beyond the Dark Sun intro sweeps. And I know that my guitars E, A and D strings are bit out of tune so the riff in the beginning doesn't sound very good but if you could comment something else in it, I would be grateful :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo7VXs3s-4s

AWESOME! That was really clean and nicely played dude!

Yeah, he made me put my guitar down, that's for sure.

WTF? Then what do we all do if you are putting your gutiar down? :lol: BTW, you've been really inactive lately while we've been having quite some old style licks you may have liked.

When I went over to china I met a load of chinese students and they just devote their lives to their interests and talents,one guy said he didn't like music and he had never even heard of the beatles,so its easy to see where these guys and all those crazy asian guitar players get their skills from,
I dunno if its inspiring to quit college/work or just quit guitar

Not a coincidence, both parts have portions based off of Mozart's lacrimosa/requiem.
...that video I posted is a clip from the movie Amadeus. That video is showing Mozart composing Requiem with the help of Salieri. It's Alexi who has based his riff off of that part.
I posted a link to this weeks one, and I posted the link for last weeks sometime during the week.. I'll just find it!

I think he was talking about the actual BT, not the guitar tabs :p

...that video I posted is a clip from the movie Amadeus. That video is showing Mozart composing Requiem with the help of Salieri. It's Alexi who has based his riff off of that part.

That's what I meant, actually. I just phrased it confusingly, I think.

I meant that both parts (of Red Lights in My Eyes, 1 & 2) have portions of the song based off of Mozart's Requiem/Lacrimosa, which you can hear in that movie (and clip).

Great movie, too.

Who here plays Stepmania? :kickass:

I'm wondering.. do you think these japanese guys learn by ear or they get tabs for it.....that could mean there's a japanese version of Mitch somewhere in this world...

just found an exception to the rule:

Last edited by a moderator: