Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Red Light in my Eyes, take one (after about 2 hours of practice or so)

Last edited by a moderator:
^that was awesome! nice finger work, you got those fast licks down pretty nicely :)

I wanna make a melodic death metal band with violin maybe instead of keyboards. or maybe with both.

Hopefully, something more simple =)) and fit for the violin.

Well, assuming I get an electric violin next year anyway. That's the plan (hopefully)

Indeed, one of the many, but one of the more famous metal bands with a violin in it. I'm constantly on lookout for bands with classical/folk influences ^_____^

BTW, I have a cover of the very song Tim posted on my Youtube channel.

@___@

Holy crap, that was mighty weird. Where do you find those?

I guess, too avant-garde-ish for me... If anything, I'm looking for stuff along the lines of Morgul (yeah, I know it's pretty unique).

I'm gonna do the next ROTW tomorrow! I'm also gonna start recording all of the ones I've not done, and I'm probably gonna re-do the ones I have, just for good measure :)

Can someone upload all the backing tracks? Or give me a link to them and I'll put it in the first post

I don't think they suck, they're actually pretty good compared to what most of us can do at home, and they save a lot of time. I don't like recording over the original tracks if I can avoid it, so I use them quite a lot.

Don't understand me wrong. It said this because I don't like the drums of those tracks and most of them are made with an incorrect tab. The Blooddrunk tabs are good though but since I've heard what Marfal, Lowberg or BenJohnson can do...

I have some of the backing tracks on my HDD. I'm uploading them.

Week 05 - Tie My Rope
Week 14 - Banned From Heaven
Week 23 - Black Widow
Week 25 - Chokehold
Week 26 - Wrath Within
Week 28 - Towards Dead End
Week 30 - Warheart
Week 34 - Children Of Bodom
Week ?? - We're Not Gonna Fall (missing in first page!)

DOWNLOAD