Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Wow, guys... that sounds really, uh... racist?

It's not like the fact that he's not good at guitar has anything to do with him being black... Or that being black means you can't play metal, let alone only do rap...

I don't care if this makes me sound like a dick, because that's just fucked up.

I don't really think the sense was to be racist, it's just that it's easy joke. He sucks, and he'd still suck fucking balls if he were white and had a 83473875308476 CS hand made by Jackson, ESP and Ibanez luthiers together ;)

I've listened to a few of your songs... Dude, you're an awesome player! What is your quipment? Your recordings sound pretty good.

Thanks man!

andretti-sweden206.jpg

This is about a third of the stuff i use now,
actuallty, I dont use that RP100, i dont know why its there hehe..

And i recorded on some little Boss BR recorder, super tiny. Reason 4.0 also was a big help for the drums and bass.

SKÅL! :kickass:

And to the other guys, Greg Howe kicks so much ass on guitar, woooot!

Wow, guys... that sounds really, uh... racist?

It's not like the fact that he's not good at guitar has anything to do with him being black... Or that being black means you can't play metal, let alone only do rap...

I don't care if this makes me sound like a dick, because that's just fucked up.

Sorry if it sounded racist or something like that, it was just a joke. But I still don't like his playing. BUT I have to say that I like his playing more than Dickbag Olson's. And I just keep laughing when he shouts: Blooddrunk! in the end. It just sounds so anti-metal :lol: But I don't really care if he's white or black. I just listen how he plays.

I haven't recorded videos for a while so I did this. Sweeps in the middle of Hatebreeder. I also noticed that almost all of my videos are sweeping :p But that's no wonder since I took 3 lessons from Nick Olson in cleaning up your sweeping. But anyway it's not perfect but I think that it's pretty good. Please comment.

And don't mind that Jesus painting on the background. It's not mine and I'm trve ev1l.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job on those sweeps, and that's a cool xiphos, too. How does it play?

And no worries if it was just a joke. It's just sometimes hard to tell with things like that over the internet, and was mostly what Arcane said (which was probably meant as a joke too). I know what you mean, so I totally understand. I hate sounding like a douchebag with things like that, but there are just a few issues where it's hard for me to not say something.

Thats the better Jackson Warrior version, I forget the model, I had the Warrior XT ..bad idea, I hated everything about it, the pickups especially. But I really would like to try that Warrior version

I haven't recorded videos for a while so I did this. Sweeps in the middle of Hatebreeder. I also noticed that almost all of my videos are sweeping :p But that's no wonder since I took 3 lessons from Nick Olson in cleaning up your sweeping. But anyway it's not perfect but I think that it's pretty good. Please comment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URvOAHbpaQA

And don't mind that Jesus painting on the background. It's not mine and I'm trve ev1l.

Very nice!

Thanks alot for the comments :) But yeah, I got the better Warrior version. It's MG warrior. EMG 81 on bridge and EMG 85 on neck. And although it has a license Floyd Rose, it keeps tuning well. Best license Floyd that I've tested. Overall a great guitar. I'm buying RR 24 next week though but I'm not going to sell my Warrior. I'd like to have 2 guitars that are not THAT same. That's why I also think to change Duncan Blackout pickup into my RR 24. Any thoughts about that pickup? It sounds great at least when I've heard it.

Warlord, very nice man! Very nice.

I want to also add that Ive seen a great deal of the cover songs and videos from the people who post here and I must say thier are a lot of really talented people and dedicated fans on this site, I think its really cool you guys put all that time and effort to learn those songs for fun. I enjoy watching all the covers and listening to the songs. Keep posting more everyone!

The song linked in your sig is awesome Andretti, so don't forget yourself in there too. :)

Thanks alot for the comments :) But yeah, I got the better Warrior version. It's MG warrior. EMG 81 on bridge and EMG 85 on neck. And although it has a license Floyd Rose, it keeps tuning well. Best license Floyd that I've tested. Overall a great guitar. I'm buying RR 24 next week though but I'm not going to sell my Warrior. I'd like to have 2 guitars that are not THAT same. That's why I also think to change Duncan Blackout pickup into my RR 24. Any thoughts about that pickup? It sounds great at least when I've heard it.

The RR24 is a great guitar. The ebony is like glass, and it plays so smoothly. As far as the pickup goes, I would suggest doing the 18v mod to the EMG before putting in a Blackout. I personally like it better, and it shouldn't be too hard fitting another 9v in the cavity. It just opens the pickup so much with lots of headroom, and therein gets rid of a lot the compression issues. Which makes the guitar and woods come back into the tone instead of sounding the same as every other guitar with EMG's.

You may end up wanting to try the Blackout anyway, but there's no harm trying the mod. Afterall, it costs almost nothing (just the battery, pretty much) and is really easy to do. Plus, it's not damaging or dangerous. And even if you do change it, it makes the Blackout sound better too (though it's not anywhere near as much of a change, like with the EMG).

Plus, there's also the EMG-x's coming out, which seem to be the same thing in effect as the mod.

buy mine
rr241.jpg

rr243.jpg

rr242.jpg

Near perfect condition, (marfal treats his toys well) and the most kickass colour available
incl jackson multifit case (also fits your warrior!)
buy now!

Well, otherwise I could have bought yours, but I already ordered it through a familiar music store, so I get a good discount anyway :)