Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Btw here are a few first and second solos I've made for Hate me! I'm not really satisfied with those first solos but the second ones are good. Tell me plz which one(s) you like most! Hate me solos

Hmm, let's see... For the first solo, the first one is much cleaner playing, but I like the guitar sound for the second one more.
EDIT: Uhh, I meant first solo as in the one that goes first on your recording, and is actually the 2nd solo...

The 2nd (a.k.a first XD) solo sounds pretty good for both versions.

Isn't it all a bit under tempo though?? Or maybe it's me who should stop listening to the SKL version. I actually didn't recognize the solo at first >.<

Recording of the Week - Hate Me! Intro (Bars 1-24)

*For the Advanced Players!* - Hate Me! Intro (Bars 1 - 40)

Could someone please kindly tell me where the 40th bar ends, cuz I have no idea >.<

Yeah thanks, but I can't find the goddamn Control Panel nor the recording settings :Smug: I suck at tecnology :lol:

Fuck, dude.

I'm sure you know what the Start button is on your pic, in the bottom left, right??????????????

Click it, BOOM, Control Panel. Instant win. :kickass:

Then there'll be something there to do with audio.

Thanks for uploading those, Arcane! It's helpful to hear the tracks broken down a bit like that, so I can figure out what's going on in the mix...even though they sound like ass (really bad mp3 encoding or something?)

BTW, here's my Hate me!

Thanks for uploading those, Arcane! It's helpful to hear the tracks broken down a bit like that, so I can figure out what's going on in the mix...even though they sound like ass (really bad mp3 encoding or something?)

BTW, here's my Hate me!

Fucking hell. What is the point of anyone else recording anything. :lol:

And how the hell do you make these backing tracks??!! :OMG:

hey, why do the recording of the week start on Fridays?
Could we change it to start on Sundays or Mondays?

Well, that's cause Monday starts on Friday ^__________^ (or, actually, on Saturday if we are to believe a famous sci-fi novel lol.

This makes sense though, because it gives people a chance to do it over the weekend right away if they are busy for the week.

Well, that's cause Monday starts on Friday ^__________^ (or, actually, on Saturday if we are to believe a famous sci-fi novel lol.

This makes sense though, because it gives people a chance to do it over the weekend right away if they are busy for the week.

ah, alright. I guess that works better then.

BTW, here's my Hate me!

Good job! :kickass:

You're either using Addictive Drums or EZdrums in your BT's, correct?

What program do you use for mixing on the drums?

Okay, here comes...

Needled 24/7: http://www.sendspace.com/file/f4rgyz
SNBN rerecorded: http://www.sendspace.com/file/4hdzg8
Hate me Intro (1-40) for ROTW: http://www.sendspace.com/file/loreyn

This time all in good quality, recorded it through a proper mic into Reaper (oh irony) and then combined with the original CoB song. Enjoy! And let me know what you think (same ol' violin BTW)

Oh, and I think it's fine if you remove the old bad quality records from the last time from the front page...

I only listened to SNBN so far, but damn dude! It sounds hard to do on violin. I've never touched a violin before so I don't know hard it was for you....but well done.

And it gives such a beautiful, melancholy tone to it. Maybe you should start a cover band, playing violin ;)