Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Suprisingly good, though I couldn't hear most what he played on the solo, backing track was too loud. And I don't care if he's 13 or 70-years old. If he sounds bad, he sounds bad.

I think you guys are going way too far with the criticism saying that kid sounds bad, he was 11 when he made those videos learning by own ear, I think that's pretty fucking amazing from a toddler most of who are still learning the basics of calculating.

I think you guys are going way too far with the criticism saying that kid sounds bad, he was 11 when he made those videos learning by own ear, I think that's pretty fucking amazing from a toddler most of who are still learning the basics of calculating.

Agreed. I mean, I'm not one of those people who likes to watch vids of mediocre guitar playing just because the kid is 8 years old or whatever and enjoy it, but whatever, this kid is pretty good.

Metal wasn't anywhere near my mind when I was 11 :lol:

Exactly. Seriously, how many of us could have DREAMED of playing COB solos at the age of 11? Most of us didn't even enjoy metal by the time.

Yeah, but also this is different generation. My father was into rock and all that, but not metal. While this kid's parents might be into it, who knows. How many of your parents were into black metal or trash and all that?

Nice cover as usual, pretty clean aside from a few minor things, but those don't really take away anything from the performance. Now I feel like doing a cover too, after all this time :lol: do you have a tab? Too lazy to transcribe myself...

You better not be. Those kinda guys are fucking annoying. WORD.

Thx! Tab > Tab Thread last page or sth.

Nice Arcane, you fucking killed it! Only complaint is I wish the rhythm guitars would come down in volume a little for the solo - they were kind of overpowering. But solid cover nonetheless
Yeah, solo could be louder. I'm uploading a video with only the solo

Awesome playing dude, what Revalver amp sim and impulse did you use?
I used the Ibanez Tube Screamer, 5150, 3Q equalizer and some ENGL impulse

Thx! Tab > Tab Thread last page or sth.

Not last anymore, but found it, thanks! Should be added to first post :bah:

Tried to learn some, I THINK I've got the intro riff down, but the verse looks like a dissonant clusterfuck, could easily take me months of irregular practice to finish >__>

I've just recorded COTN and it went out really great guys! This time I've used 3 different cabs (engl for left ryth, 4*12 mesa for right rythm and 2*12 mesa for leads) and I think that my tone is now a bit better than in my Ugly cover. As soon as I get my Sony Vegas to work again I will upload the video. But if you want you can listen to the audio and tell me what you think. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2960894/Audio FIles/Cry Of The Nihilist.mp3

I still have some mistakes in it (especially the solo where the fast tapping part is 100% improvised) but Bodom is harder to cover than ever before!

I've just recorded COTN and it went out really great guys! This time I've used 3 different cabs (engl for left ryth, 4*12 mesa for right rythm and 2*12 mesa for leads) and I think that my tone is now a bit better than in my Ugly cover. As soon as I get my Sony Vegas to work again I will upload the video. But if you want you can listen to the audio and tell me what you think. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2960894/Audio FIles/Cry Of The Nihilist.mp3

I still have some mistakes in it (especially the solo where the fast tapping part is 100% improvised) but Bodom is harder to cover than ever before!

It sounds amazing. Hats off to you sir, but I would suggest a little touch on the solo tone. It sounds a bit different from the rythm tone (not that clean/sharp or something).

Awesome cover Arcane!! Your new tones are 10000000x better now that you are using Revalver. Good fucking shit. Playing is great as always. I almost want you to recover all your old stuff now that your tones have gotten this much better.

Also, sounds like your squeals have goten a lot more pronounced now. Either got a better technique going or the tones are helping them shine through better.

Thx dude! Yeah Revalver is great! So much possibilities... My squeals are indeed better now. I practised them 2 hours, used new strings et voila! Now they are fine :)

And I was really thinking about the option to either record my old stuff again or delete all older videos... Let's see.