Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

The ease with which he sweep picks in the solo is uncanny.

Why's that? Everyone who gets the technique down sweeps with ease. Unless it's Alexi attempting kissing in the shadows

I always get a little angered when I see the young ones ripping it on guitar because learning instruments is so easy at that age. I played piano and trumpet until college and then I finally picked up a guitar. : (

Guys I have a qeustion. I was making a video with sony vegas and I came to the point of adding the backing track under my record but I has some serious problems trying to make the audio of my record and the audio of the backing track start together. Any tips?

You can just compare the frequency spectrums of the two tracks or just do it the trial and error way.

"Ugly" cover, two guitars and solos, registered today want some METAL fans input on our video!

Really appreciate crits

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, I'm kinda new here and this is my first post here, although ive been lurking as a guest for sometime now.

Here is my cover of Kissing the shadows on the keys.I ve been teaching myself how to play for 2 years now(almost). Lemme know how I can improve it and I'll incorporate the tips for the next cover.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really enjoyed your cover. Seems like you been playing a lot longer than 2 years. It was a very good cover.

@arcane...
Thanks man, means a lot coming from someone as good as you. Its nowhere as good as yours. Any tips on how to improve?

And Janne's solos are kinda hard to get right. I was watching the seoul concert performance of kissing the shadows and the solos there very different from the studio version.

To be honest... I don't know what you can do better. Only thing is that you're timing lags sometime... Playing-wise you can do nothing. But maybe you should ask a keyboarder :)

I agree about the timing actually, and have been working on it. What i really need now is a band, I'm kinda getting jaded with just playing in my room. i can't find any bands who're interested in playing melodic metal where i live.

You can always start a band from the scratch, just look for players if you've got a handy website for this in your country... once you find one guitar and the drummer it's a good foundation...

I've been trying for sometime, but it ends in the same way always. Anyone who is skilled/motivated enough to be able to play Melodic metal usually just wants to play covers. Sometimes, I think at 26 I'm already a bit too old...