Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

It's Epi's BT? Then it's made with soundfonts. The first time we heard those backing tracks we thought they are awesome as fuck and now they sound like shit because we can make backing tracks with realistic instrumnent vst's like Superior Drummer oder AD and East West Symphonic Orchestra...

..whatever, if you have Fruity Loops you can make them by yourself. Don't know if there's a free version but the soundfonts are

It's kickass to play over the actual song, but you can't hear your mistakes so in that respect it's only best for the memorizing-process of the song, and of course enjoying blasting out the songs. I like to practise by playing the songs and different parts by guitar alone, adjusting the speed so I can play it accurate (play boring thrash parts faster to get on with it and play solos and such slower). I tried playing according to the actual speed of the song last week, I put a timer on from my cell phone and managed to play especially Children Of Decadence and Follow the Reaper very close to actual overall time (few seconds faster) however I played shittier than I ever have when focusing on the timing, so I guess backing track is the best option for practising. Obviously some sort of metronome would be better than nothing when practising for example complex melodies so you don't shift paces.

Really sloppy guitar playing

I know you bash all semi-pro guitarist to tell you can play better, but maybe you should reflect everything on the hours the person has spent playing. For example if this guy also studies in university, does sports and manages a girlfriend etc, it's not so bad anymore. Now if we knew he had played for thousands of hours, maybe you could say it was really sloppy playing, but even so you could still say it's a nicely put together video. Of course there's no point in uploading COB covers on Youtube that are bad playing with shit audio and quality etc, but I think this is good enough.

Ah, shut up Joonas and don't bother me with your polite postings. There is NO reason why I should say this is good in ANY way. When somebody is playing a solo existing of 100 notes and nearly half of the notes are wrong then it isn't good. It is sloppy and nothing more. I had the same opinion back when I started playing guitar. Me and many other guys here have the same opinion that it's senseless to upload something when I can't play it.