Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Ah, shut up Joonas and don't bother me with your polite postings. There is NO reason why I should say this is good in ANY way. When somebody is playing a solo existing of 100 notes and nearly half of the notes are wrong then it isn't good. It is sloppy and nothing more. I had the same opinion back when I started playing guitar. Me and many other guys here have the same opinion that it's senseless to upload something when I can't play it.

I think he did pretty good job. It might not be perfect, but it was okay.

Ah, shut up Joonas and don't bother me with your polite postings. There is NO reason why I should say this is good in ANY way. When somebody is playing a solo existing of 100 notes and nearly half of the notes are wrong then it isn't good. It is sloppy and nothing more. I had the same opinion back when I started playing guitar. Me and many other guys here have the same opinion that it's senseless to upload something when I can't play it.

The point is you're mostly acting like an arrogant asshole and using shredding perfection as a weapon against people at all opportunities. Not everybody can ever play COB perfectly, but they can play it on a satisfactory level, and will certainly want to show their friends if they can do it at least half-right. Just chill out sometimes and respect people. You think you're the toughest gun on the internet? Learn to be humble.

I usually don't care about what you write because most of your posts are bullshit or full of wrong specualtions so plz spare me your god damn moral answers. I don't see the point why thousands of wannabe-guitarists upload COB (or any other band) covers when they can't play it. They upload videos because they want criticism and this is what they get and it has nothing to do with arrogance when I say something is sloppy played. And this solo IS sloppy. I would say the same even when I can't play any instrument. But then everybody would say learn playing guitar and do it better.
Respect people? Do I disrespect them because I say it's sloppy?!? Bullshit! And your .."reflect everything on the hours the person has spent playing" comment is a joke, or? Because this is exactly what I mean. If they would sepnt MORE hours on practising, they would be better. If you assume this guy plays like.. let's say 3 years... does this protect him from every comment which content isn't positive?!? This is ridiculous. If I would upload a cover like this everybody would say to me that this is sloppy. But I think there is a big diffenrece between my rating criteria and yours. For me a cover is perfect when there is no mistake in playing and the tone is good. When something contains mistakes - even if a full-song cover contains just a few wrong notes - then it's not perfect anymore. It's just good. If somebody's doing a solo cover where he has to learn just a few seconds of a song and then plays this solo with a lot of wrong notes, the it's not perfect and not good. It's sloppy.
This IYF cover is by far one of the best covers I've ever seen but it's also not perfect but really really good.

I know you bash all semi-pro guitarist to tell you can play better, but maybe you should reflect everything on the hours the person has spent playing. For example if this guy also studies in university, does sports and manages a girlfriend etc, it's not so bad anymore. Now if we knew he had played for thousands of hours, maybe you could say it was really sloppy playing, but even so you could still say it's a nicely put together video. Of course there's no point in uploading COB covers on Youtube that are bad playing with shit audio and quality etc, but I think this is good enough.

Oh Lawd :lol:

"XY was a shit president but it's ok, cause he had a wife and some fine hobbys so he may be excused for his shitty work!"

Me and many other guys here have the same opinion that it's senseless to upload something when I can't play it.

THIS!

except if its for tips to get better. Though I dont think that cover was that bad :lol:

Here is my take on the "Punch Me I Bleed" guitar, hope you enjoy!

Sexy guitar tone, make a full song cover! It would be perfect, without the couple mistakes (0:07 - make a braver bend, 0:11 - connect faster, 0:31 one note missing... otherwise perfect.) I'm desperately waiting for an enjoyable cover for that song. It's one of my favourites, like atmospheric doom metal Bodom style, but it didn't come out as well as it could in studio.

Have you ever seen this guy? He posted here before a few years ago and I think he's doing the best COB vocal covers

Edit: mysterious... he posted a cover of COD a few years ago which I really enjoyed and also did some vocal lessons but they aren't anymore on his Youtube channel

Last edited by a moderator:
What's interesting is he's maybe the best COB vocal coverist I've seen, and still not doing anywhere near as stylish as Laiho with this album (FTR), yet most of people think COB vocals suck, but I've yet to see anyone do better this kind of vocals, except Chuck Schuldiner. It should be realized COB's vocals were magnificent back in the day, but started getting bad around 2003. He's good but he's not quite as good and seems to put in extreme effort (could he do it while playing the guitar also?), and there's this Lamb of God'ish "horn-headed giant pig" sound in half of his vocals which doesn't belong in COB.

If I would play it in the background while doing some other things I would say it's Bodom live. At least the first 3 minutes

Sind paar nette Jungs aus Germany ;)

Also Awesome, but lil bit low quality.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWNzzDctSzU&feature=related[/ame]
I love that the Keyboard is more in the front of the Sound

The play on other Tuning i think its Standard E

And a small Clip of In Your Face:

Last edited by a moderator: