Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Yo emos,

You're posting a video, so expect comment about how emo you look.. emos. I liked deadnight warrior but this one sucked. Very sloppy and the actual tune is too loud still.

This is a golden surprise.

Oh, he cut the clean part in the middle, cos he "never liked it". Fuck this.

I just want Bodom to realize how great they were in the past and get back on track.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, that one melody is similar to one in Children of Decadence but I can't hear anything from Lake Bodom in it.

Yep. This won't be tolerated.

I have big enough trouble with nerds who do all this computer music with ready samples. Then they think they can rob COB's best melodies and appear as fantastic artist? Not gonna fucking happen. This guy has over 7 million views and over 30 000 followers.

I guess this artist doesn't make money with his stuff? The Chakuza guy apparently was doing music for business and used a direct sample of Children Of Decadence just pitching it up. He ended up in trouble. He's still having the song online, but I guess it was a fee and a ban to play that song live?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah i know this Song. He is a German "Rapper". I think he makes enough money with his shit.
Dont know which idiot has this Idea "hey, lets use this metal song and pitch it up". I mean: Wtf?!

But Bodom's melodies are sacred, it's simply unacceptable for any rapper or other genre artist to steal them. I can't think of anything as lame as using an iconic Bodom melody and telling people "we came up with this intense melody". I think the least these people should do is mention the song in the credits where they "borrowed" the melody from. But still I think nobody should be able to make money this way under any circumstances, unless accepted by the band itself who invented the original melody.

You have to remember the way most computer music genres work, you could make instant (mainstream?) hits using Bodom melodies. We can't let anyone rape these original ideas over and over in their computer song and let them claim the credit.

I know Bodom have used some melodies by other bands to "influence" theirs (of which I've discovered a few myself, such as Bed Of Razors, Banned from Heaven and Hellhounds On My Trail, that I can think of atm) but I think they exploited the true potential out of a potential melody in each case, so it's acceptable.

I have big enough trouble with nerds who do all this crappy computer music with no musical skill, using all ready sounds.

You apparently haven't got even the slightest clue about making electronic music. :lol: Of course these so-called "nerds" use a lot of samples but you apparently have completely wrong image about them. I don't even bother to explaining it to you because you simply wouldn't even want to understand it. But I can tell that for example Renard (and many other computer musicians) has a lot more broader vision about music than your Alexi666Laiho<333, as music isn't all about the ability to play certain instruments and this so-called "musical skill" isn't the same thing as the skill to play instruments, as you apparently think. Even if they were the same thing, computer would also be an instrument. Either way, no matter how much you rant about it, artists of electronic music have musical talent, it's just different from the talent of metal musicians.

I know Bodom have used some melodies by other bands to "influence" theirs (of which I've discovered a few myself, such as Bed Of Razors, Banned from Heaven and Hellhounds On My Trail, that I can think of atm) but I think they exploited the true potential out of a potential melody in each case, so it's acceptable.

my pals PLEASE

It doesn't matter how you put it, it's a rip-off. I can't possibly think how stupid someone has to be if they really think that ripping someone of by artist x is more acceptable than rip-off by artist z. Oh wait, it's called fanboyism.

You apparently haven't got even the slightest clue about making electronic music. :lol: Of course these so-called "nerds" use a lot of samples but you apparently have completely wrong image about them. I don't even bother to explaining it to you because you simply wouldn't even want to understand it. But I can tell that for example Renard (and many other computer musicians) has a lot more broader vision about music than your Alexi666Laiho<333, as music isn't all about the ability to play certain instruments and this so-called "musical skill" isn't the same thing as the skill to play instruments, as you apparently think. Even if they were the same thing, computer would also be an instrument. Either way, no matter how much you rant about it, artists of electronic music have musical talent, it's just different from the talent of metal musicians.

I just edited that particular line away cos I knew this would come. :) I know computer music is an art of its own and if it was easy everybody would do it. I love computer music sometimes more than metal. But I'm referring to those with little or no talent who unjustly attempt to shine with an idea of another artist. Like that Chakuza. I'm not here to monger fear, I just want clarity in people's mind, to not cross the line.

I just sent him this, I think it's ok.

You use an iconic Children Of Bodom melody from their song Children Of Decadence on this track. It's being discussed on their message board. Fans of COB are protective&#65279; over their original ideas. In fact a direct sample of this melody was used by a rapper, Chakuza, on his song Killamusic, without permission, and he ended up in some sort of trouble.

my pals PLEASE

It doesn't matter how you put it, it's a rip-off. I can't possibly think how stupid someone has to be if they really think that ripping someone of by artist x is more acceptable than rip-off by artist z. Oh wait, it's called fanboyism.

I admit there's fanboyism. But still, it's not like Bodom are entirely lost on their songs and the only moment of shine is when they try to imitate another artist's melody. I think in Bodom's case it's more like how Shakespeare would get inspired by folklore.

Dont know which idiot has this Idea "hey, lets use this metal song and pitch it up". I mean: Wtf?!

Yeah, I mean in the Killamusic case(/gate) the song sample is even badly out of sync with the rest of the song. Why not just make a melody that's heavily inspired by this. I understand Children Of Decadence is a song about gang wars and the vibe of this melody fits a rap song very well, but at least try to make a "personal version" of it. I guess it's frustrating cos one note change and it sucks.

But Bodom's melodies are sacred, it's simply unacceptable for any rapper or other genre artist to steal them. I can't think of anything as lame as using an iconic Bodom melody and telling people "we came up with this intense melody". I think the least these people should do is mention the song in the credits where they "borrowed" the melody from. But still I think nobody should be able to make money this way under any circumstances, unless accepted by the band itself who invented the original melody.

You have to remember the way most computer music genres work, you could make instant (mainstream?) hits using Bodom melodies. We can't let anyone rape these original ideas over and over in their computer song and let them claim the credit.
Well, Dimmus melodies are also sacred, especially mourning palace (I'm not sure if this song was also used as a rip-off though). And Bodom is not the only metal band with great melodies. I'm not a big fan of black metal but I have to accept that the big BM bands (like Dimmu or CoF) have some great melodies in their songs but whatever. And to be honest, I don't want to know how many metal used parts of dance/trance/techno/pop/etc... songs for their own songs. I for myself don't really listen to any kind of dance/trance... but all this trance nation CD's or however they are called have 80% of songs with some cool melodies which I often try to get down with my guitar.

my pals PLEASE

misc-true-story-l.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhfUS0lNstc new cover, check it out.

by the way, about the previous cover we did, somebody said that we look extremely ugly emo kids. i mean, i don't care if somebody says that we look ugly emo kids, but that's just so fucking stupid to comment how you look
I think you look like rounded young men who instead of walking the streets at night mugging old people n pissing in doorways,have chosen music to fill the hours between the end of school(at which you excel) and the start of the new school day.Your parents should rightly be proud of you.
I am not technically minded,so i cant really comment on the vid,it sounded ok to
me.......But you do look like emo version of Jedward:kickass: