Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

What I meant by juicy as opposite of dry in guitar sound is, I like it when the guitar sounds fresh and spicy instead of a hollow carbon box. Not sure if that's even more confusing, but it's my best attempt.

Ok, so why is this cover something special in your eyes? The solos or okay but the rythm parts are way off... Also the tone isn't really good and too is overdriven, too much distorted. Is this the juicy aspect you're talking about?

I actually thought the opposite. Some of the rythyms didn't sound that bad but his guitar sounded out of tune as fuck on some of the leads and shit.

Good cover.

I just realize the solos in this song last 20 seconds together and have no melodic idea, it seems like "here there be solos" but they didn't have time to compose anything interesting... and just showcased their technical ability. I think so many of the solos on RRF serve no purpose for the song and have no melodic idea. This is one of the most important aspects to improve if they want to make a great album. I'd like the solo to include a melodic idea and feel like spawning from the song itself.

Nice playing Arcane, as usual. I'm not a big fan of that tone really, but you managed to match the tone of the song which is what counts.

Also, it's not that the solos aren't melodic now, it's just his note choice is more along the lines of typical pentatonic runs and has more of a hard rock style to it rather than the old neoclassical style. It's whatever, it's not terrible, it's just not my thing really.

Thx guys. Solos are not my thing either. (Excpet Ugly and NMF) I really hate this pentatonic stuff. But what bothers me most is that Alexis guitar is 20% louder than Roopes. In nearly all songs, Roopes playing is so much more intersting, also his harmonies are always great but you can hear them really bad.

Edit: I changend my tone again into a more distortioned tone. This ultra clean tone with absolutely no gain I used before sounds also pretty good but isn't as nasty as I want it to be

That was awesome!

I've been waiting for someone to do a GOOD cover of that song....it's one of my favorite on that album. I just love all the rhythems and even the solos. They are just pentatonic, but they fit the song well.

One thing I wish you would do during the solo section.....play the keyboard leads on guitar. No one really seems to do that, and I think it would be awesome, as the keyboard leads are also pentatonic licks, just done on keyboard.

Good shit...I always look forward to watching new videos you make.

That was awesome!

I've been waiting for someone to do a GOOD cover of that song....it's one of my favorite on that album. I just love all the rhythems and even the solos. They are just pentatonic, but they fit the song well.

One thing I wish you would do during the solo section.....play the keyboard leads on guitar. No one really seems to do that, and I think it would be awesome, as the keyboard leads are also pentatonic licks, just done on keyboard.

Good shit...I always look forward to watching new videos you make.

I really thought about doing the key solo too because it isn't so hard. It was the first thing which came in my mind when I started learning this song. But then I tried this fucking string jump thing when the key solo starts, tried it 5 times but then I was like fuck it.

Never posted anyone else's cover but I found this masterful rendition of the BBT solo and I had to share it

Last edited by a moderator: