Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

First solo was spot on but couldn't hear the second to be honest. Guitar was too quiet to give a fair comment.

That's definitely just you man. Listen again with headphones. They're both the same volume. Also, there is one part I played differently from Alexi, which you can CLEARLY hear at 0:23 in the video. I do a bend release thing in the place of the first two notes of that phrase (because bend releases are the shit) where in studio he picks 13 14 13 11 13 or something on the 1st string. Also I didn't do his weird harmonic thing exactly the way he did (it sounds like harmonics? idk) after the fast blues lick cause no one knows what the fuck he's doing there lol

It really only takes like 30 min to 1hr to learn this song by ear for any decent guitarist. Going through the effort to be the FIRST (and making sure people know) is as gay putting a monster energy sticker in the same place Alexi did.

The background on the vid is nice tho

That's definitely just you man. Listen again with headphones. They're both the same volume. Also, there is one part I played differently from Alexi, which you can CLEARLY hear at 0:23 in the video. I do a bend release thing in the place of the first two notes of that phrase (because bend releases are the shit) where in studio he picks 13 14 13 11 13 or something on the 1st string. Also I didn't do his weird harmonic thing exactly the way he did (it sounds like harmonics? idk) after the fast blues lick cause no one knows what the fuck he's doing there lol

Yeah ok you're right dude, great job. I hear what you mean about not playing the 13.14.13 bit but doing the bend instead.

Did you use the tab I wrote? Because I can't play it that way haha..

Yeah ok you're right dude, great job. I hear what you mean about not playing the 13.14.13 bit but doing the bend instead.

Did you use the tab I wrote? Because I can't play it that way haha..

haha thanks man. It's ok, in your defence my tone was really close to the one on the album, so it's all peachy. :)

Yep, I did use your tabs. I always use your tabs. You're a tab/playing god, Mitch. I've got no doubts you could do it way better than me lol. Speaking of which you need to start posting more videos again :D

Haha seriously I struggle to play the most basic of things now, it's embarrassing. It's always been a fave solo of mine so maybe I'll give it a go..

He's so good he makes the song sound like Northern Comfort! You guys probably saw it anyways. (It's not worth searching for your ear/headphones)

Too bad I don't see the point.

Last edited by a moderator: