Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

not really CoB-related but i figured i neede to share this with you guys

:rofl:

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=qatmJtIJAPw"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=qatmJtIJAPw[/ame]

Uhm, waht's the name of their debut album? Euphoreon?!? Btw they sound great

Edit: Is that lead guitarist using a Je-1000?!? He has that typical wah signal in his tone which I only know from the Je-1000.

Uhm, waht's the name of their debut album? Euphoreon?!? Btw they sound great

Edit: Is that lead guitarist using a Je-1000?!? He has that typical wah signal in his tone which I only know from the Je-1000.

I have downloaded the album and ur remark is on the spot

He uses either an JE-1000 or a GP1000 to my ears

I'm not sure about the GP-1000 but you can clearly hear some kind of an JE-1000 in the first songs intro. I've recorded that intro with my guitar in the morning and the wah sound is 100% the same as in the intro.

Hey guys, long time since I posted here! I wrote the Euphoreon album, my bandmate in Germany was in charge of the sound... here's what he used.

- ESP Horizon with Seymour Duncan Blackouts Metal pickup at bridge and a normal Blackout at Neck
- the rest is VST/Software: a TSE TubeScreamer und the Rectifier Simulation from Revalver MKIII
- some blended IRs for Cab Simulation
- some leads and all clean guitar sounds were a real Engl Powerball II preamp signal into IR cab simulation

I just found out that you are a two-man-internet-band, seperated 18.000km from each other and you recorded an album?!? God bless internet! :lol:

So you're the singer and songwriter, he recorded it and you produced it?

Edit: Can I ask for the backing track for every cloud has a silver lining? :)

Edit 2: Who made the tabs for your songs posted above? I ask because there are some weird finger positions which could be played easier

I just found out that you are a two-man-internet-band, seperated 18.000km from each other and you recorded an album?!? God bless internet! :lol:

So you're the singer and songwriter, he recorded it and you produced it?

Edit: Can I ask for the backing track for every cloud has a silver lining? :)

Edit 2: Who made the tabs for your songs posted above? I ask because there are some weird finger positions which could be played easier

Yeah, he adds his harsh and clean vox at some places also. He recorded most of it for continuity's sake but I sent him some stuff too, and he also added his own parts (which aren't in the tabs, like intro and outro for #1). He produced it.

I found him though his own project Far Beyond then we joined up since I was looking for some help to record the album. Went to Germany a few years back and met him, and another guy who did the piano also - then we went to see Wintersun \m/ hehe

Don't actually have any instrumentals unfortunately, may be able to get them from Eugen but I'm not sure he has everything installed to open the projects at the moment.

I made the tabs, but they were kind of rough and just a guide for recordings, stuff was played however he/I felt best.

Next album it should all be a bit easier. It's already written so should be out next year. Will definitely release an instrumental version of that one.

1391256913228.jpg