Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

If you do, get yourself a shorter name next time :D 700th post.
Your just crazy man!:loco: (Imagine this with Alexi's voice:kickass:)

Anyway, it's good, if COB web guys are watching us from the background, because our complains and gratulations are heard by someone relevant and maybe those words reach the band too.
(point to Joonas;))

By the way, does Janne lurking around nowadays?

Your just crazy man!:loco: (Imagine this with Alexi's voice:kickass:)

Anyway, it's good, if COB web guys are watching us from the background, because our complains and gratulations are heard by someone relevant and maybe those words reach the band too.
(point to Joonas;))

By the way, does Janne lurking around nowadays?

:lol:

COBHCWebmaster is the last mod on this forum to have commented something (Apart from Deron) and his last post is from summer 2013 so I don't think so, but then again I was already wrong when I assumed Deron didn't read this forum so who knows? :D

I can't get a ban. :(

You won't live long without this forum Joonas, accept the fact (phrase joke:loco:) it's in your veins, the forum has become a part of you. It drives you like your insticts with a naked hooker in the park on a sweet, lauwarm summer night ;) (Joonas 2, yeah:headbang::Smokedev:) If you will get a ban, you will make another acc. ;)

Just step away for a bit if you need a break man :)

Besides, we're getting ready to launch the new forum site, you don't want to miss out on that?! I'll cry.

:D I'm sure you will.

Anyway, new forum? As in change server or update or change the whole thing? If its the last one, what's wrong with this one?

Good cover, but:
1. Do something with your noise gate or lower your distortion
2. I've noticed that you have some rythm problems during the verse and chorus leads... not that bad but it's still hearable
3. I know it's a difficult song, but especially at the end it seems that your fingers getting weaker and weaker. And that causes a lot of mistakes at the end. Sure, it's better than most of the covers I've seen but it could be better.

And wtf is your name? All I can read is DjND0D DND3/4D0D>>NNND1 ! :tickled:

Reactions: RICJAMES
Good cover, but:
1. Do something with your noise gate or lower your distortion
2. I've noticed that you have some rythm problems during the verse and chorus leads... not that bad but it's still hearable
3. I know it's a difficult song, but especially at the end it seems that your fingers getting weaker and weaker. And that causes a lot of mistakes at the end. Sure, it's better than most of the covers I've seen but it could be better.

And wtf is your name? All I can read is DjND0D DND3/4D0D>>NNND1 ! :tickled:

Man it makes me so sad to know how good Alexi once was and on which level the covers had to be to compete with the original.
But now.......... You can say what you want, but a complex rhythm is technically wise never that hard like an insane lead. Maybe the timing is heavier but not the technique itself. And songs like that show that.

You can say what you want, but a complex rhythm is technically wise never that hard like an insane lead.
Uhm, not at all. The bridge in BBT is definitely a really hard one. Or the rythm part right before the key solo in Warmans Suck My Attidude. The rythm parts in SKO are also really difficult. Or the rythm parts in PMS...
And an insane lead is not always technically hard to play. A few of my favorite solos are slower ones and easier to play.

I can't get a ban. :(

But I want a ban.

Wait, someone actually passed up on this opportunity?

About the rthym and shredding thing; even Bodom's newer stuff with their "technical" riffs aren't that complicated. If they released an album tomorrow where they just went back to power chord progressions and retarded fast shredding (and maybe if Alexi's voice didn't sound haggard as fuck now) I'd probably buy it.