Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Wait, someone actually passed up on this opportunity?

About the rthym and shredding thing; even Bodom's newer stuff with their "technical" riffs aren't that complicated. If they released an album tomorrow where they just went back to power chord progressions and retarded fast shredding (and maybe if Alexi's voice didn't sound haggard as fuck now) I'd probably buy it.

CoB:
making serious money and fame on atmospherical(trees and shit) leads on top of a black metal influenced rythm, only then after getting fame to "progress" to an american style of metal to be harder and deeper then anything else...also dont forget..more technical.. this in their new heavier Drop C tuning.
BUT wait there is more!
After several albums of declining sales and lesser atmosphere on live shows, unlesss they play the "old stuff", they do a BACK TO ROOTS ALBUM which hits charts high and is again loved by their original fanbase, although not fully back to roots it still gave fans a glimpse of the glory that once was..
After this they do "Alexi's personal problem with silence album", titled after a "song" that embodies all of those problems, an album filled with technique and here and there some nice leads to shine on glory days,...all this IN THE NEW AND EVEN HEAVIER DROP B TUNING!

(and I loved them in D standard / D# )

an album filled with technique and here and there some nice leads to shine on glory days
Wait. Are you talking about IWC? Maybe I'm wrong and there's a limited-special-extended-15-years-back-edition with an Alexi without an ugly hat I don't know about, but the IWC album I have, doesn't have nice back to the roots leads and isn't technical.

Wait. Are you talking about IWC? Maybe I'm wrong and there's a limited-special-extended-15-years-back-edition with an Alexi without an ugly hat I don't know about, but the IWC album I have, doesn't have nice back to the roots leads and isn't technical.

yea it was kinda hard to distinct the sarcasm after all the cynical remarks :p shoulda put more emotes or smth

Things might be 15 years ago, but people seem to forget that they ride on that glory still.
Most bands on tour play their new stuff and 2-3 old songs that people like.
CoB has to play almost 2 songs of each of their first 3 albums to even get the crowd going.

in this interview its obvious they ride their old glory. Note how many times he has to say "this is on every setlist of every show we play". And how its mostly old bodom songs.

http://www.teamrock.com/features/2015-11-18/the-10-best-children-of-bodom-songs-by-alexi-laiho

I still firmly stay on my case that HoB was a re-awakening of old fanbase to get it going again.
IWC might have some good songs(imo morrigan, HYT, Ihurt, AFN, SB) but the overall feel of the album is not really sticking out as much as Other bodom work did.
My entire Itunes is filled with "good" songs but Deadnight Warrior still rocks more when it comes on.

Last edited:
I was wondering which VSTs he's using. Sounds really professional. Could be East West Symphonic Orchestra (which I also own but couldn't install it, because I'll need over 70GB of free space for that :D)

I was wondering which VSTs he's using. Sounds really professional. Could be East West Symphonic Orchestra (which I also own but couldn't install it, because I'll need over 70GB of free space for that :D)
Someone (Not the uploader) said this in the comments: "VSTi - The Grandeur, Morphestra, Symfobia, Edirol Orchestra"

Personally I'd throw a guess for East West too.

I can't see trees or lakes in that music. Maybe a garden with a fountain? It's not metal, so it takes Alice out of the wonderland.

Last edited: