Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Yeah, what's the name of the rap song using this 1:43 - sample over the song?

Rappers don't make music, they steal music. They can't make money with it, right... right? It's annoying beyond description, when one isn't matured as artist and only uses others' ideas and claims it their own to receive attention and praise. Of course they're only being badasses and calling people out for a fight... saying they're tough, when they can't even make their own music and have hero fantasies of themselves with their little ego. All they needed was a bitchslapping from their father. But no-one would bother listening to their pathetic rant without the stolen musical piece in the background... I can't take this. Really low-vibration stuff.

I don't agree with everything you say about rappers, some of them are actually quite talented verbally. It's true though that most beats are done by greedy producers. It depends a lot anyway. Also, a friend reminded me of another Silent Hill song that also got ripped off by a talentless faggot Jesus fucking christ this makes me mad everytime.

EDIT: lol this board apparently has word filter for the word 'nígger'.

Last edited:
Yes the vocal echo made instant difference for the Bed of Razors. Besides, I'm a great fan of echo, when used in right situations, sounds and songwriting, it works wonders in creating a sense of environment and anticipation. I like metal sounding like it's been played in some deep or vast place.

That's actually what I would call quality rap, singing and video and music together (the stupid whistle ruins it tho). But still, unacceptable to claim music from Silent Hill or Children of Bodom and present it as their own, especially if there's no credit mentioned and the music serves the greatest role (as in Killamusic). In this case it adds a nice twist, while the rap song derives from the feeling of the Silent Hill song.

The song Promise is such a 'emotional farewell' and 'sunny rain' type of song about how dreams are sometimes cut short by tragedy but the dream still resides in memory in a sacred place of its own because it's too painful to accept reality.

Last edited:
I think the song would be much better if 2:42 - 3:35 was cut away. Try it, jump with your mouse. Would take the over-repetitiveness away.

Btw post 8888.

Last edited:
The song structure is:

Riff
Verse
Pre-Chorus
Chorus
Solo
Verse
Pre-Chorus
Chorus

Random Riff I
Random Riff II
Chorus
Riff

I would might remove the chorus before Random Riff I too, but it wouldn't be any worse either way I think.

I checked his cover of Bed of Razors too where it's particularly pleasing to hear that "emotional adherence" because the melody is well composed so there's no room for fucking up notes or playing carelessly or otherwise the magic (or sexual perfection) will disappear, it's actually quite brutal how little mistakes and that "thrashiness" can destroy the artistic edge of a song. Bodom's stuff sounds really fucking good when someone bothers to play it right, because it was written with emotion.

That is also how bands tend to start sucking when they get older and don't care to play their songs properly by being emotionally tuned into them, it usually starts with the energy fading and the dedication becoming watered out and the vocals getting crap, then adding all kinds of unnecessary tweaks to the songs which rape the whole energy progress, then starting to not even care about using the right keyboard sounds, and voila, you have "only the shadow" of the band remaining and fans complaining how they're not the same anymore, and dummies just don't understand why.

Can I get an amen?

Last edited:
Damn I like the verse and everything about this song. Always something different in each cover, this one has too much distortion and noise gate open or something.

He's more into showing his "biceps/tattoo" whatever, sound is shit and he has never heard something of palmmutes...

Damn I like the verse and everything about this song. Always something different in each cover, this one has too much distortion and noise gate open or something.

evne my crappy attempt is better then his.
sound is unedited since i know nothing of mixing