Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Woe to You Oh Nazgul of UltimateMetal
for the Mods send the bans with wrath
because they know our ip addresses.
Let him who hath power over the mods
reckon the number of your posts
for it is an UltimateMetal number
its number is six hundred and sixty six.

:lol::lol::lol:

So you two just pick up the guitar any time you wish and just shred triplets at like 200 bpm without even warming up?

I usually warm up for about 3 hours and I consider this as a practice. Then I play songs for about an hour so and that's it.

3 hours warm up?? Wow dude, I war up for 15-20 min and then start playing licks and stuff. Obviously I don't start playing Nile just after warm up, I go with not as fast stuff but keep playing and if I want to learn a lick riff, I start after those 15-20 min. F.e. the Hellhounds recording were 10 min warm-up, then half an hour to lear the riffs and record them. The second part of the melody really slowed me down, :lol: I was playing it a string above of what should be played and I didn't notice it, and I kept asking myslef ''wtf happens why does it sound so bad??'' until I noticed it, :lol:

I have few exercises and licks that I play. I start out at 140bm (playing 16ths) and then work up the speed on metronome (by 5bpm everytime), while still playing them same stuff. When I get to around 180-185, it gets too hard for me to play 16ths (stuff like Downfall solo, I can still play single note 16ths though), so I change to triplets and play them until about 220-240 (depending on what I play - picking or sweeping, etc.). Takes about 3 hours to do all that.

What do you think of this approach? Or do you think it's better to take a lick and practice it until you can do it at the desired speed, then take anoter lick and repeat? Would that be better?

As I said, IMO about 20 min warm up and then start plaing licks and riffs or learning stuff. If not, you'll be already tired/bored when warm up ends, and you will end up gigs dead, :lol:

Exactly. I posted this a few posts above too.

I realized that lol. I mean, I WOULD HAVE if I read your post XD

@ Nazgul Crap, 3-4 hours of practice? How are your fingers still alive after that? :yow: I mean crap, even if I get into it I can't go over 2 hours >.< I guess some people see more importance in music than I do >___<

But scales, drills and etudes are a good thing to do, they allow you develop your technique better than mindless playing ^___^ I stand in awe :worship:

I used to practice up to 10 hours :lol:. Nowadays, same as Nazgul.

While some people are just workaholic, others are plain crazy >_____<

I haven't practiced for more than 10 hours a WEEK since I decided I won't go into professional music :hotjump:

Children of COB-
In this 3 hours I also include learning new licks and slowly increasing speed etc. It takes about 3 hours to come to my upper speed limit. I guess I should have noted this before. This is what I call a warm-up...coming to your upper speed limit. I could also just warm-up for 20 min, but then I couldn't play stuff like Deadnight Warrior solo for instance.

:worship: to Arcane and Mitch...wish I could just pick up the guitar and shred away at fast speeds! Hope this day comes once.

TimMerCOBHC-
ROTW #4 - Hellhounds On My Trail - Interlude:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/yekqjt

I used to practice up to 10 hours :lol:. Nowadays, same as Nazgul.

:lol: Now I know how can you play KTS like that with just 1 and a hafl years playing, :lol:

Children of COB-
In this 3 hours I also include learning new licks and slowly increasing speed etc. It takes about 3 hours to come to my upper speed limit. I guess I should have noted this before. This is what I call a warm-up...coming to your upper speed limit. I could also just warm-up for 20 min, but then I couldn't play stuff like Deadnight Warrior solo for instance.

Ah it's ok. Then I also warm up for 2 or 3 hours. Which sucks cos I can't play 100% on gigs, cos you cant spent the 3 previous hours to war up, you have to set everything up and soundcheck and stuff, I just do a little 15-20 min warm up with some scales and shit, and some fast rythm too to get the hand used to it.