Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Thanks for the comments! :D

:worship: to Arcane and Mitch...wish I could just pick up the guitar and shred away at fast speeds! Hope this day comes once.

You don't need to practice for 10 hours a day to eventually get fast. How long have you been playing? Plus, being able to play as fast as Batio or Cooley isn't more important than having nice bends or vibrato.

I should record the HOMT interlude soon enough, but the solo :erk: Best I can do is fake it :hotjump:

On a side note, Lake Bodom is a frigging biatch to play at full tempo, I keep confusing bowings >.< Not to mention the annoying fact that they play it in a different key live than they do on the album :mad:

Thanks for the comments! :D

You don't need to practice for 10 hours a day to eventually get fast. How long have you been playing? Plus, being able to play as fast as Batio or Cooley isn't more important than having nice bends or vibrato.

4 years. I saw Bation warm-up for 10min and then play an entire 50min show at full speed without mistakes on my own eyes!

Having nice bends or vibrato do you no good when you want to play solos to Kissing the Shadows. This is where I agree with Batio - it's better to have it and not need it, than not have it and need it ;).
^(speed that is)

Lately I started working on my bends too, they suck.

We should continue this debate in Guitarplayer's thread.

Just a question...you put the "for the advanced players" underneath but what's so advanced about the next riff? It's easier than the main one that you're asking us to play.

I'd say for the advanced bit, make it the gtr/keyz unison interlude or the guitar solo, because they're things that an beginner or intermediate player might not be able to play.

Same with Hate Me, the verse riff wasn't exactly difficult, whereas the guitar solo would be for most of us.

Just a question...you put the "for the advanced players" underneath but what's so advanced about the next riff? It's easier than the main one that you're asking us to play.

I'd say for the advanced bit, make it the gtr/keyz unison interlude or the guitar solo, because they're things that an beginner or intermediate player might not be able to play.

Same with Hate Me, the verse riff wasn't exactly difficult, whereas the guitar solo would be for most of us.

True.. Ahh well, next week will be a challenge, don't worry :)

Well I mean you can make the main one easy enough for everyone to play, but I just think the advanced bit should actually be advanced, regardless of whether the two parts are next to each other or not.

Don't make us do the Kissing The Shadows solo or something. :lol:

Well I mean you can make the main one easy enough for everyone to play, but I just think the advanced bit should actually be advanced, regardless of whether the two parts are next to each other or not.

Ahh I see what you mean.. Right, deal, I'll make next weeks advanced players section harder :) But Mitch, you'll have your own section to learn, and I think your first one might be the guitar solos from KTS.. BLINDFOLDED.. And then the keyboard solos too.. On acoustic guitar.. :D Haha!

are there any novice players here actually?
i mean, we're not with so much, i think everyone plays the avanced sections, and as mitch already said, theyr easier, so you could actually drop that idea
just a thought:)

+10000

Mitch's right. All those advanced stuff wasn't hard for me to play and I think it wasn't also hard for beginners... relly pretty cool are interludes/solos...Let's see who's the best soloist :)

Good point...

It IS advanced already though, since it's asking you to play for 15-20 seconds longer... :lol:

But dammit Tie my Rope is pretty hard for me, I'll need to do rotw 4 & 5 next week before I leave for my home where I have no mic and 64k Internet :cry:

Good point...

It IS advanced already though, since it's asking you to play for 15-20 seconds longer... :lol:

But dammit Tie my Rope is pretty hard for me, I'll need to do rotw 4 & 5 next week before I leave for my home where I have no mic and 64k Internet :cry:

Yeah, that's what I was getting at, cos some less experienced players could find it a longer, more tedious task doing the recordings that are longer, especially id the initial ROTW is a tricky melody etc :)

Yeah, that's what I was getting at, cos some less experienced players could find it a longer, more tedious task doing the recordings that are longer, especially id the initial ROTW is a tricky melody etc :)

Yup more like a laziness test ^__^

Anyways, I suggest we do some rotw's from earlier albums as well :kickass: