Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

YES 3
NO 1

Just a question...you put the "for the advanced players" underneath but what's so advanced about the next riff? It's easier than the main one that you're asking us to play.

I'd say for the advanced bit, make it the gtr/keyz unison interlude or the guitar solo, because they're things that an beginner or intermediate player might not be able to play.

Same with Hate Me, the verse riff wasn't exactly difficult, whereas the guitar solo would be for most of us.

If advanced is Tie My Rope interlude then this week I quit from the advanced part, :lol: I can't play that.

Well I mean you can make the main one easy enough for everyone to play, but I just think the advanced bit should actually be advanced, regardless of whether the two parts are next to each other or not.

Don't make us do the Kissing The Shadows solo or something. :lol:

Please don't, I still want to take part in this thread's recordings, :lol:

Ahh I see what you mean.. Right, deal, I'll make next weeks advanced players section harder :) But Mitch, you'll have your own section to learn, and I think your first one might be the guitar solos from KTS.. BLINDFOLDED.. And then the keyboard solos too.. On acoustic guitar.. :D Haha!

Shhhhh! Ben's around and if he does get that done then I'll quit guitar playing and kill myself :lol:

are there any novice players here actually?
i mean, we're not with so much, i think everyone plays the avanced sections, and as mitch already said, theyr easier, so you could actually drop that idea
just a thought:)

Well we're not exactly pro players. There's really good people, but not still any Steve Vai around, so normal and advanced part is ok, but I also think that advanced part should indeed be advanced and not just longer, :lol:

+10000

Mitch's right. All those advanced stuff wasn't hard for me to play and I think it wasn't also hard for beginners... relly pretty cool are interludes/solos...Let's see who's the best soloist :)

Mitch or Ben would pwn us, and players like myself could get you all deaf with some solos, :lol:

Well I'll kill myself if he says Chokehold key solo. :lol:

So will I, because Ben will come and do it, with guitar! :lol:

I think it's inspirational for Ben to participate in stuff like this so it'll push us all to improve our playing, drum tones, guitar tones, over production etc etc. I know some people don't care and others can't get better sounding stuff because of their equipment, but I believe there's always a way. With me figuring out how to use impulse files and writing that guide, I recommend everyone tries it for the next one!!

Please don't, I still want to take part in this thread's recordings, :lol:

it would be cool to do solo's but not in a week, it takes more time (for me) to learn.. like solo of the month:p

I think it's inspirational for Ben to participate in stuff like this so it'll push us all to improve our playing, drum tones, guitar tones, over production etc etc. I know some people don't care and others can't get better sounding stuff because of their equipment, but I believe there's always a way. With me figuring out how to use impulse files and writing that guide, I recommend everyone tries it for the next one!!

i wld love to try all that recording stuff, but i got this faggotcomputer:zombie:
i got exams now but in holiday im gonna get a pro on it:p

:lol: I was joking. I like the fact that Ben or you are taking part on this, because better players always make me want to improve in whichever way I can. BTW which guide are you referring to? If it's in the GP thread then I haven't noticed cos I haven't already been there today neither yesterday, :lol:

:lol: I was joking. I like the fact that Ben or you are taking part on this, because better players always make me want to improve in whichever way I can. BTW which guide are you referring to? If it's in the GP thread then I haven't noticed cos I haven't already been there today neither yesterday, :lol:

Nah, tab thread.

BTW, I"m looking for a crack for Guitar pro, so if anyone can PM it to me, it would be amazing. Thanks.

Hey guys, i saw you were mentioning pushing your recording into sounding more professional, so i'm going to post some softwares that can improve your overall sound :)

I won't post the actual products though, that would go under warez and i'd get banned back to the stone age. But lets see..

Revalver MKII

revalver_mk_ii_standalone_a.jpg

This is a great tool, which i use all the time. It's pretty much a "fx" which you load into REAPER, or any other VST host. Inside this one, you can load various stuff, and i can post my chain as an example:

ShutUP Noisegate (i believe this one is modeled after the HUSH C)
Kitty Amplifier (A mesa boogie dual rectifier, versatile as fuck!)
RIR Impulse cab (I use a custom impulse, will post below)
Delay and reverb after this, if i need

i use modern channel, with treble up in the 7-8's and bass the same.. Mids i add for taste, rolled off mids for a rythm chunk, and boosted mids for some nice and sexy lead. Gain should be adjusted from your input.

It features a variety of amplifiers and FX's, modeled from real world counterparts. These being:

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Marshall JCM900(i think)
VOX Somethingorother
Fender Bassman
And some Blues amp i cant recall the name of.
+ various other amplifiers

There are preamp versions of all, and even some other preamps that i really like, for getting a GP-1000esque sound

Poweramps and speaker(Impulses) simulations.

You have stomp boxes of different shapes and sizes (figuratively speaking, they look like rack gear in the program :D), being things as:

Greener (a tubescreamer clone)
Compressor
Chorus
Texas Treble Maker (lol.. Treble booster)
Various overdrive and distortion pedals
Wahwah (i honestly dont know how this one works)
Tremolo
Vibrato
Flanger
Phaser
2 different delays
Limiter
an "auto swell" effect, makes it sound like you play backwards
and "Octapus", an octave pedal, but its rather poor quality imo

Other effects are reverb, EQ's, more compressors

And ofcourse, a VST Host module. So you can load your own effects/amps or pretty much anything you want, straight into the chain.

Here are the impulses i use:

GuitarHack Impulses

I use the "Between 0" the most, sometimes the 1. I use a different one when i dual track, i use the 0 on the left channel, and whatever i deem the best at the moment on right channel.

PRICE: 149 Euro @ The Alien Connection Homepage

Next up is

EZ Drummer

ezdrummer_main.jpg

You can listen to the samples on the righthand side of the screen.

EZD is a very nice tool, it runs on midi and love, and you load it as a VST Instrument in your recording program of choice.

To make a drumtrack, do it the easy way! Take your prefered drumtrack from say, Guitar pro, and remove all other tracks in guitarpro, and save it as a file, with only drums in. now export this to midi, and remember to take note of the bpm! Now just drag and drop this midi file from the desktop, or a folder, onto a track in REAPER/Cubase/Whatever, and load the EZD as a FX/Vst instrument in the same track. Change and jumble sounds around, do some tweaking with volume, add a EQ if you want, and voila. You've got yourself some drums!

It's pretty simple to use, and the results are pretty good! There are addons to broaden your sound, ranging from A latin cocktail kit, to a "Drumkit from hell", which should satisfy your metal needs.

The latter one i believe was recorded for/by Meshugga's "Catch 33", and also its used on Devin Townsend's "Ziltoid the Omniscient"

PRICE: Varies from 150$ to 200$ Not going to post sites

Reason

Now i havent tried the new Reason 4, but i use Reason 3, and it's amazing, if i might say.

Any kinds of orchestration, or soloing, you can get it. Just program the midi's like you did with the drums, and load it into Reason. You'll get massive synths, or a sharp Harpsichord, a gentle piano, or a "in your face" lead tone

I don't know how much else i can add about this program..

PRICE: about 500$ @ Their "Proshop" Atleast the worlwide price.

As for the rest of the "band" lineup, like Vocals and Bass, i suggest that you invest in a bass, or get some friend of you to do it.

This might be a complete waste of place but, i had nothing better to do.

If you know a better program for these things, do post its advantages and price, and the likes.. I hope this helps some of you out :)

Cheers Muffin, now that I'm using Reaper for a few things, I think I'll try and use DKFM and EZDrummer etc because I couldn't load VST stuff in Cool Edit Pro.

Arcane, I dno what's wrong with that guitar...

As usual Jose, pure fucking brilliance :)
I'd take part in this thread if I:

(a) Had a plug in (help please? links, cheap no effects shite)
(b) Didn't have fucking GCSE's
(c) The above x2 :zombie:

Yet in a month I'll make a soundclick, post own songs, covers and do ALL the ROTW's since this thread's inception :)