Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Wow, Jose, that tone during the intro part is fucking awesome!! The main riff has fucking BALLS too, this is probably your best submission in this thread so far!

^:lol: Thanks a lot to both of you. What is funny about it is that when posting my thoughts were ''I'm posting my worst cover in this thread when covering the easiest song'' :lol:

If you want to give it a go the tone on the first part is just recording and then with CEP (same as yours) Click And Pop Elimination, Hiss Reduction (high) and Flanger (I don't remember which, I think it was one of the bottom ones on the list, just play with them as there aren't that many different ones).

And the main riff is just 2 tracks, paned 79% L and R and with gain on 3.0/10. BT is yours, so thanks again for it :D

ah guys... ok, it's hard to see whats wrong with my guitar on this pic, but as I told it Mich before - my neck is distorted so I can't record anything anymore until I got my guitar back from my dealer....

oh and have I ever shown one of my earlier solos I've record with my old band? this record has the best tone I've ever had. listen to it and tell me what you think Kantry solo

I've record it in my friends recording studio called Yeti Records and we've mixed it with Reason. Guitar is a Ibanez (can't remember the exact name) and with a Marshall G100R CD / Marshall MG 412 B (4x12'') and a POD 2.0

ah guys... ok, it's hard to see whats wrong with my guitar on this pic, but as I told it Mich before - my neck is distorted so I can't record anything anymore until I got my guitar back from my dealer....

oh and have I ever shown one of my earlier solos I've record with my old band? this record has the best tone I've ever had. listen to it and tell me what you think Kantry solo

I've record it in my friends recording studio called Yeti Records and we've mixed it with Reason. Guitar is a Ibanez (can't remember the exact name) and with a Marshall G100R CD / Marshall MG 412 B (4x12'') and a POD 2.0

Pretty good!

Awesome:worship:

Sweet dude, i like the clean passage to solo :D AWsome!

Please Note! The change of ROTW may be delayed this Friday, cos I'm goin' down to Birmingham, and won't get the internet till the evening! But even then I might not be on! :D So just stay tuned :)

Also, my ROTW #5 won't be in on time :( I'm starting my new, incredibly easy job tomorrow, but I won't have the time to record! :D

I was wondering if anyone else was going to record the ROTW 5, :lol:

BTW Tim, p.m. one of us about the ROTW 6 and we can change it on Friday then if you want. I did Tie My Rope too soon and now I'm eager to ge a new one down again, :lol:

I'm trying to do it now, it's harder than I thought. :lol:

I've got my Jackson tuned to Drop C, not locking nut, it only took me 20 seconds. :lol:

I rarely post over here, but I've just finished recording what was left to do on my cover of Silent Night, Bodom Night and I thought about getting feedback on it. The drums, bass and keyboard in there are all from the backing track in the TAB thread, so nothing too fancy.

Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=02Q733M0

And if you're interrested:

Guitar: LTD EC-500 (EMG 60-81 pickups)
Plugged into a PODxt and directly into the comp.

Not bad. Bit sloppy around the solos but the intro seemed tight.

Here's my ROUGH ROTW. I planned to record it today and I got everything ready but there was something else that I needed to concentrate on so I'm going to re-record all the guitars tomorrow. I really rushed this, it's 2am and I'm up at like 5/6am.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/aoyaw5

It's more than the specified bars but who cares.

Not bad. Bit sloppy around the solos but the intro seemed tight.

Here's my ROUGH ROTW. I planned to record it today and I got everything ready but there was something else that I needed to concentrate on so I'm going to re-record all the guitars tomorrow. I really rushed this, it's 2am and I'm up at like 5/6am.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/aoyaw5

It's more than the specified bars but who cares.

Always perfect Mitch:headbang:

I rarely post over here, but I've just finished recording what was left to do on my cover of Silent Night, Bodom Night and I thought about getting feedback on it. The drums, bass and keyboard in there are all from the backing track in the TAB thread, so nothing too fancy.

Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=02Q733M0

And if you're interrested:

Guitar: LTD EC-500 (EMG 60-81 pickups)
Plugged into a PODxt and directly into the comp.
Nicely done. Tone was pretty good too, but lead tone could some tweeking.

Bucket - Nice job man. A very respectable recording.

Warheart - Lol @ what you named your mp3. Anyway, cool recording I liked it. I know you already went past the specified bars, but I wished you had kept going for I really liked your tone for the chorus melody! :D