Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

I can play all the picking parts of the Sixpounder solo, I just can't do the string skips cleanly 'cuz I've never practised it, even when I was into Paul Gilbert.

You say it as if you were not into Paul Gilbert anymore, :lol: I think Sixpounder's 2nd solo is a really tricky one.

And on othe news, I'm starting to get a little habit of being always first!. :lol:

There ya go dudes, my attempt at the TBIB dual melody Tim loves.

Well I'm not into him as much, I'm not a huge fan of his newer style and I've pretty much tabbed everything that I want from him but I don't really listen to him much anymore but I still go see him if he comes over of course.

And that recording was really good!!!

And hopefully I'll be 2nd. I'm ready now so hopefully I'll be able to throw something together tonight that I'll be satisfied with.

Thanks a lot Mitch. Although if during the week I can improve the ''fast'' run in the middle and the legato ending I'll repost it, as they aren't perfect, which is what I would like to do (usually I can't due to my skills but I try as much as I can).

BTW, the second TMR recording of yours has a bit too much flanger I think, :lol: Other than that it's perfect. What I still don't see is what made you not like the 1st one, :lol:

Oh, and did you check my other Sinergy recordings I posted in the GP thread? I made them for the thread in the Sinergy forum and posted them there, but as it seems that that forum is pretty much webmistress, Reion, you and I I thought I'd post them in the GP thread too.

I actually think the last fast run is cleaner than the first one, tbh.

And I agree about the flanger, I just did it quick 'cause I was getting annoying. I've only just realised that I hated the tone 'cause for some reason, my preset on my Kor PX4 has the mid set to 10 and the presence set to 5/6, instead of mid being at 5/6 and presence being at 10. I've adjusted it now for the TBIB thing so hopefully I'll like this...

Not bad. Bit sloppy around the solos but the intro seemed tight.

Haha yeah, I still can't really perfect sweeps and that solo IS sloppy (I rushed on it as hell, I was getting tired of recording and recording again), but just hearing Warheart saying it wasn't so bad means a lot, based on your criteria of rating :lol:

Nicely done. Tone was pretty good too, but lead tone could some tweeking.

Thanks! I've used the same exact tone for both lead and rythm since I didn't really care about sounding professionnal or anything, just wanted to get something that sounded right :p

Bucket - Nice job man. A very respectable recording.

Thanks a lot! Very first real recording, too.

I actually think the last fast run is cleaner than the first one, tbh.

And I agree about the flanger, I just did it quick 'cause I was getting annoying. I've only just realised that I hated the tone 'cause for some reason, my preset on my Kor PX4 has the mid set to 10 and the presence set to 5/6, instead of mid being at 5/6 and presence being at 10. I've adjusted it now for the TBIB thing so hopefully I'll like this...

I agree about the 2 runs. I'm not bad at legato (mostly because as I'm not really fast at speed picking and at picking fast runs I have to play them as I can, and legato is the easier way for me). The first one was picked 100% hence the hiss and not great sound.

About your tone I'm sure you'll have it fixed, you always get great tones, and the one in TMR wasn't bad. I mean, it was not your standard quality, but it was better than what many of us can get, :lol: Looking forward your recording, and particularly for the solos if you're doing them, you did great job with Hellhound's solos so the ones in TBIB are bound to rock :kickass:

Hi everyone! Me and my band have done a cover of ETID, if you're interested to check our video. for the moment that's not amazing but we'll rerecord it this summer with better stuff. The drum and the bass are our own BT.
:kickass: enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:
Sinergy - The Bitch Is Back [Gtr Solos & Dual Harmony Interlude]

This was very difficult!!! The solos are definitely for the advanced players and I still can't do that intro picking thing, it's at an insane speed.

who here can play second sixpounder solo actually?
i'm too slow

I can!

SIXPOUNDER SOLO

I can play all the picking parts of the Sixpounder solo, I just can't do the string skips cleanly 'cuz I've never practised it, even when I was into Paul Gilbert.

Yeah definitely the trickiest part. Don't tell anyone, but I recorded the arpeggios separately! LOL

Not bad at all but I think I can do it better :) Was it a live recording?

Wow dude, wow. Get over yourself. I was going to say something before but you need to quit doing this.

Sinergy - The Bitch Is Back [Gtr Solos & Dual Harmony Interlude]

This was very difficult!!! The solos are definitely for the advanced players and I still can't do that intro picking thing, it's at an insane speed.

Good job mate! Were you tired? j/k :lol: