Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

VERY GOOD Sixpounder solo Altitudes!! :worship:notworthy:worship:

I can play all the picking parts of the Sixpounder solo, I just can't do the string skips cleanly 'cuz I've never practised it, even when I was into Paul Gilbert.

Yeah, me too..I really suck at those. After hearing Altitudes playing the solo I will start practising it :cool:.

Sinergy - The Bitch Is Back [Gtr Solos & Dual Harmony Interlude]

This was very difficult!!! The solos are definitely for the advanced players and I still can't do that intro picking thing, it's at an insane speed.

:worship:notworthy:worship: Fucking nice Mitch! You are second on the time line, but 1st by far on the quality line, :kickass: job dude! And if not beeing able to do the first picking part is that, I want to not be able too, :lol:

I can!

SIXPOUNDER SOLO

Yeah definitely the trickiest part. Don't tell anyone, but I recorded the arpeggios separately! LOL

And another one, :worship:notworthy:worship:
God my back is going to hurt today, but you deserve it, :lol: Really nice and clean playing sir. You should join the thread and be an active member. It would imply that evn more people would pwn me each recording but also it'd be more people making me try harder.

Btw Altitudes... do you play the solos with string jumpes or sweeps? Cause it really sounds like you using sweepings instead of those stringjumps

Nah, all string skipping, just like Paul Gilbert. It was hard for me because naturally I would want to pick each note but forced myself to use hammer-ons and pull-offs. Good job on yours!

Thanks everyone :headbang:

Line 6 GuitarPort through computer's USB port. I used the "Insane" preamp simulator with the Celestion 30 cabinet. Gain 50%, Treble = 75%, Mid = 100%, Bass = 75%, Presence = 30%. Little delay to give it that nice effect in the mix. If you have a pod you can get the same tone. Recorded in Cool Edit Pro were I had two tracks, one 100% left and the other 100% right. Mids boosted in CEP also. I'm quite happy with my tone this time :D You can hear the pick attack which I like!

Its not an amp, it is an interface.

GUITARPORT.gif

I have stock pickups in my Ibanez RG. I really don't have good gear like some of you guys. Are you micing your amp, Arcane? The tone comes from tweaking the settings in the interface, not necessarily my gear.

Oh ok. I record directly over my soundcard... It's everywhere know that my tone is not the best but now I think its because of my soundcard, cause I tried different plugins and a few recording programs and my amp settings are great when I only play over my amp...

Yeah, my soundcard is complete shit and I have tried using impulses in Reaper but my processor is SLOW. WTF?! I'm sticking to using the interface for now. An amp can sound great when playing through it but when micing it up it can change a whole lot, unless you are a sound engineer in a recording studio :lol:

Hey Guys !
I have a question, I am the lead guitarist in Kalmah band and we want to buy a line 6 toneport but what is the best choise between the Ux1 and the Ux2? what is the price? and Are those 2 toneport doing a great job for recording ?

Thx to reply!