Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

exactly! Strange huh? and it's a cheap 1$ micro!!! LOL :kickass:
daaamn. yeah I thought that had to be connected directly to the comp cuz the sound was fairly clean. that's an excellent recording job for using a mic :headbang:
RIFF OF THE WEEK

DOWNFALL (COMPLETE)

Tell me what you think! I tried to get a big rhythm sound by using two tracks on each side (four total). Whole thing, so solo included.

It sounds like you're missing a couple of notes every time you play that intro riff in the intro...did you condense that riff maybe? And some of the rhythm sounds like whole notes instead of the eighth notes? Maybe my ears are off tho, or maybe those four rhythm guitars you have in there are throwing me off :lol:....anyway, excellent job on the solo! I think you were born to shred :cool:

daaamn. yeah I thought that had to be connected directly to the comp cuz the sound was fairly clean. that's an excellent recording job for using a mic :headbang:

I would be a lot more cleaner If I was directly connected! I dunno why but the micro cuts between notes and It sound a bit crunchy. I was really stressed about my sound so...

It sounds like you're missing a couple of notes every time you play that intro riff in the intro...did you condense that riff maybe? And some of the rhythm sounds like whole notes instead of the eighth notes? Maybe my ears are off tho, or maybe those four rhythm guitars you have in there are throwing me off :lol:....anyway, excellent job on the solo! I think you were born to shred :cool:

Tap your foot along, it is eighth notes, not whole notes :p I just noticed but its sounds kinda weird when it repeats cause I looped the intro, like the tone is slightly different or something :lol:? Thanks for the input!

RIFF OF THE WEEK

DOWNFALL (COMPLETE)

Tell me what you think! I tried to get a big rhythm sound by using two tracks on each side (four total). Whole thing, so solo included.

Wow a very nice cover, even the solo was (near) perfect!

Tha only complaint is the screwed up keyboard part, but it's not like you're the one playing it :lol:

ROTW 1
ROTW 2
ROTW 3
ROTW 4
RTOW 5

Everytime I Die Full Version

Finally :D, I just hate the quality

It's recorded with a camera, so be gentile.. And i play with a Mg10 Marshall, so not the best sound :lol:

I like your "Everytime I die" cover but did you learned it without the tabs in the tab thread? Even though some parts were wierd, the overall is good and your sound isn't that bad. I would love to see all the other ones but the server is at full capacity :erk:

ROTW 1
ROTW 2
ROTW 3
ROTW 4
RTOW 5

Everytime I Die Full Version

It comes out terribly fuzzy and distorted on my speakers :erk:

Finally :D, I just hate the quality

It's recorded with a camera, so be gentile.. And i play with a Mg10 Marshall, so not the best sound :lol:

It comes out terribly fuzzy and distorted on my speakers :erk: The playing sounds ok tho.

And here's a near-perfect cover of KTS by this guy called Guitarmajster. I love all the stupid faces he makes too-- resembles Ryan Gossling sometimes and that's just fuckin hot, hehe. Anyway, I think part of the reason he's such a great player is cuz he's so into it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It comes out terribly fuzzy and distorted on my speakers :erk: The playing sounds ok tho.

And here's a near-perfect cover of KTS by this guy called Guitarmajster. I love all the stupid faces he makes too-- resembles Ryan Gossling sometimes and that's just fuckin hot, hehe. Anyway, I think part of the reason he's such a great player is cuz he's so into it.

He is almost flawless! He almost nailed that last solo in KTS with 22 frets!

Don't be jealous; it's not his fault he was born with perfect pitch.

I should be begging for skill at his knees... NOT. Anyways, I told him to come on UM to get COB tabs so he won't destroy my ears again.

That was ace! :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like your "Everytime I die" cover but did you learned it without the tabs in the tab thread? Even though some parts were wierd, the overall is good and your sound isn't that bad. I would love to see all the other ones but the server is at full capacity :erk:

I think I'm gonna Re-record all the shit today, i just heard them now, and it sucks balls !