Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Well, the playing is very good, and the tone is not all that bad, just that the sound wasn't very clean...

As for the chorus editing, can't you just cut part of the mp3 file off in Reaper or some other program??
No, cause I only have the complete song as one mp3 file, not every single track I've recorded.
But I will record a better one (and all other ROTW)when I've got my guitar back.

Arcane, Jose, Tim & reaperscythe, your submissions for Week 7 are now on the soundclick.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=844658&content=music

Crzy Aus, if you decide which version of your Downfall Solo you'd like to use, let me know today.

Congrats to Jose. Your mp3 for week 7 (Downfall Intro & Solo) has reached no. 27 in the Soundclick Charts, under the "Metal : Cover Songs" catergory.

For your files to be allowed in the charts, the mp3s MUST be at least 1.25MB. If they fall under this size, then soundclick will declare it "Too short to be eligible for charts". If anyone wants me to up the size of some of their files to see if they can hit no. 1 in this catergory, let me know today.

^ I think the second one came out better after all. And don't worry about the charts for this one. Thanks =)

Arcane, Jose, Tim & reaperscythe, your submissions for Week 7 are now on the soundclick.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=844658&content=musicCongrats to Jose. Your mp3 for week 7 (Downfall Intro & Solo) has reached no. 27 in the Soundclick Charts, under the "Metal : Cover Songs" catergory.

Thanks! What do you (and the rest too) think about it?

Cheers Jose :D And Mitch, did you add my final take? :)

Thanks dude, :lol:

nice playing. I really liked your tone. What did you record this with?

I used Audacity (opensource) for recording.

I use a Digitech Death Metal Pedal so It gives me that kind of sound. It would've been better If I was on the clean channel but something is wrong with it so I had to lower my crunch on the amp.

EQ:

level: 3/4 (because of my clean problem)
low: 1/2
mid: 1/2
high:6/11

I used Audacity (opensource) for recording.

I use a Digitech Death Metal Pedal so It gives me that kind of sound. It would've been better If I was on the clean channel but something is wrong with it so I had to lower my crunch on the amp.

EQ:

level: 3/4 (because of my clean problem)
low: 1/2
mid: 1/2
high:6/11

wait...so that was recorded using a mic??