Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

how long did you practice it for? maybe practicing with a metronome at slower tempos and slowly raising it would help, cuz its not very clean at some points. just giving my opinion :)

I tried practicing it today with the guitar pro speed trainer thing and this riff fucks with your head or something o_O or maybe it's just cuz I haven't played it in over a year, but the repetition makes me feel like I'm going in circles and then I stumble at this part
---------------------------|----------------------------|
----------------------------|----------------------------|
----------------------------|----------------------------|
--10--------7--9------------|--7---------7------------7--|
---------8-----------8--10--|-----8--10--------8--10-----|
------8-----------8---------|---------------8------------|

I just gotta keep at it I guess.

I don't use the speed trainer. Just build up when I'm ready after a 5 or 10 mintue sessions at x bpm, then increase it to x+5 BPM- works better for me, The speed trainer puts too much pressure and for makes me play sloppy in a failed attempt to play faster. Just my two cats though :)
Oh and poor Tim, must suck to have that cyst

What did you do to get it deleted??

Ok here's the deal.

I had an account 2 years back, which got banned for having a south park episode and some other videos which had the reason to get banned.

When i was browsing through my settings on my account, I saw that my email was not the one I use as my main. My previous account also had that mail.
I changed my email:

??????????????

BAN!

So i guess it's because they have this policy that says to prevent banned users from accesing YouTube in the future.

tl;dr i changed my email.

Ok not first but still podium, :lol:

I'm not first :erk: :lol:

Advanced coming soon (or not, :lol:).

As Jose would usually say...

FIRST!!!

Fuck you!!! :lol: Nice one.

that why I traveled up to Belfast today to order in a new guitar off a private dealer,the Jeff Loomis signature series with a floyd rose:kickass:,got to play guitars that were owned by steve vai/George Lynch/Joe Satriani aswell as check out some of their old equipment that they sold after their tours,
thanks for the kind words guys:) Could also be my amp and pedal????I'm lost on how to get good tone

Congrats dude, that Schecter is really sexy. Don't forget pics when you have it!

What the fuck? The one in the tab thread only contains one file, and that is "Bed of Razors".

Thanks!

Not for me. I got it from there and I have all the BTs. I can try and upload the whole thing later if you want.

I've found an old Downfall record I've record over a year ago or sth. But until I haven't got my guitar back and can't record a better one... here's my old version. Downfall Intro

Good one dude.

Lol, how did you get it, if you don't mind me asking, I don't know anything about injuries etc. Has it impeded your playing in any way?

Well, it hurts a fair bit, and I probably got it from the angle I hold my hand at while I play? It's caused by overuse of a certain part of your body, in my case my hand, so playing guitar would explain it!

Holy shit! that was brilliant Jose, only thing off was the start off the less crazy harmony riff with the keyboards, if you know what part I mean

Yep I know, but I fucked up 3 times and when I start fucking things up it won't come better but worse, so I left the best take and posted it. I might give it another go tomorrow or so. Thanks for the comment!

Allright here's my two takes. Of course, I can't make it sound as good as you guys do on guitar - cuz you're much better at metal (and cuz I"m playing an accoustic), but I still need ur suggestion to make it sound best I can...

First take: fast notes on separate bows (worse sound, better accuracy):

DOWNFALL solo take 1

Second take: fast notes legato, better sound, less accuracy:

DOWNFALL solo take 2

Let me know what you think, and which you like better. Thanks :)

Thanks :) Hehe! Yeah, it's a tricky riff, it has to be said! Also, my "bible bump" is being painful :( Wikipedia that one!

Also, Mystique, do you do sound recordings or videos?
I had done a couple of videos last year, but that was total n00b status and they sucked. I mainly do sound recordings now since I have pod and I haven't yet tried to sync the pod with a video.

It does :(

(Click to see it better!)

Hehe, check out the sly shot of the COB forum on my monitor :p
ouch dude! does it hurt when you play?

There we go! Not perfect but I think I managed it fairly good, let me know what you think people!

And BTW, not first for the intro, but first for the advanced part, :lol:

ROTW 7 Advanced - Downfall solo
damn Jose, you're really good at the fast runs.