Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Really good playing, but I have to say that you have one of the ugliest guitars I've ever seen and I don't like the tone of your pickups.:) But again, really good playing dude!

that why I traveled up to Belfast today to order in a new guitar off a private dealer,the Jeff Loomis signature series with a floyd rose:kickass:,got to play guitars that were owned by steve vai/George Lynch/Joe Satriani aswell as check out some of their old equipment that they sold after their tours,
thanks for the kind words guys:) Could also be my amp and pedal????I'm lost on how to get good tone

that why I traveled up to Belfast today to order in a new guitar off a private dealer,the Jeff Loomis signature series with a floyd rose:kickass:,got to play guitars that were owned by steve vai/George Lynch/Joe Satriani aswell as check out some of their old equipment that they sold after their tours,
thanks for the kind words guys:) Could also be my amp and pedal????I'm lost on how to get good tone

Ah, so you're finally getting that 7 string eh?!

HEY!

Can someone tell me why Cool Edit screws up when I try to insert the actual song? When it ask how to interpret the sample and it gives all the sample rates but the mp3 works at 44 hz and I'm guessing 16 bit resolution :confused: Then another thing pops-up (titled "Raw Data) and asks about how to format the data.

Help?

EDIT: Different bitrates. One is 128 and the other 160. Now what?

SON OF A BITCH! It is the mp3 file itself! :mad:

Thank you anyways! :) I appreciate it

no prob.

btw, are you guys playing it like this?

PM PM PM PM PM PM PM PM PM PM
E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E
E||----------------------------|----------------------------|
B||----------------------------|----------------------------|
G||----------------------------|----------------------------|
D||--10--------7--9------------|--7---------7------------7--|
A||------0--7--------0--7--10--|-----7--10-----0--7--10-----|
E||----------------------------|----------------------------|

----------------------------|----------------------------|
--10--------7--9------------|--7---------7------------7--|
------0--7--------0--7--10--|-----7--10-----0--7--10-----|

---------8-----------8--10--|-----8--10--------8--10-----|
------8-----------8---------|---------------8------------|

-----|
----------------------------|-----------------------------|
----------------------------|-----------------------------|
--10--------7--9------------|--7---------7--------10p--9--|
---------8-----------8--10--|-----8--10--------8----------|
------8-----------8---------|---------------8-------------|

-----------------------------|----------------------------|
--10------------9------------|--7---------7------------7--|
------0--7--10-----0--7--10--|-----7--10-----0--7--10-----|

-----------------------------|----------------------------||
--10------------9------------|--7---------7------------7--||
------0--7--10-----0--7--10--|-----7--10-----0--7--10-----||
-----------------------------|----------------------------|| (these last 4 bars I'm not too sure of)

yeah that's how I thought it went.

but yeah, I found it from the live version of the tab. Couldn't find a decent studio version, so I thought I'd ask if he played it like that on the recording also. It's kinda hard to listen for since it's such a minor difference.

And here's my 2nd try at it!

Take 2

how long did you practice it for? maybe practicing with a metronome at slower tempos and slowly raising it would help, cuz its not very clean at some points. just giving my opinion :)

I tried practicing it today with the guitar pro speed trainer thing and this riff fucks with your head or something o_O or maybe it's just cuz I haven't played it in over a year, but the repetition makes me feel like I'm going in circles and then I stumble at this part
---------------------------|----------------------------|
---------8-----------8--10--|-----8--10--------8--10-----|
------8-----------8---------|---------------8------------|

I just gotta keep at it I guess.

how long did you practice it for? maybe practicing with a metronome at slower tempos and slowly raising it would help, cuz its not very clean at some points. just giving my opinion :)

I pretty much just practiced it.. Hehe! Didn't slow it down too much though, which I spose I should've.. I was just gonna change my 2nd take with a better take.. Hehe! So here it is...

Downfall (Final Take!)

So I just read a couple of pages back and it looks like a few of you are also having trouble with the opening riff....that's so weird tho....why does this riff act that way? haha, sorry it was just really bugging me earlier. I got mad and jut put away my guitar for the day :lol:

I pretty much just practiced it.. Hehe! Didn't slow it down too much though, which I spose I should've.. I was just gonna change my 2nd take with a better take.. Hehe! So here it is...

Downfall (Final Take!)

ah that's better! but there are still certain parts which sound rushed in the intro. it's a hard riff tho. could use a bit more practice.