Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

I can do the fast run in the solo at about 170-180bpm. Sweeps are fucking insane though..I'm still practicing that part.

Intro is fucking hard aswell to play cleanly...anyone got correct tabs for it? There's only live version in the TAB Thread and I'm too lazy to search online...

^ What? Im not telling shit! I really think that it's an easy one. Tell me one thing in the solo which is hard to play... their is nothing. When I got my guitar back, I'll show how easy it is.

@ Nazgul: The riff in tab on first page is the same as in the original.

Really good playing, but I have to say that you have one of the ugliest guitars I've ever seen and I don't like the tone of your pickups.:) But again, really good playing dude!

What? Im not telling shit! I really think that it's an easy one. Tell me one thing in the solo which is hard to play... their is nothing. When I got my guitar back, I'll show how easy it is.

It isn't hard for me but don't tell me you never had to practice it to get the timing and feel for it down. I just don't think it is one of the easiest .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJcjOQ42jXE

My new video,not sure if I'm happy with it,only got back properly into guitar recently but hope you enjoy:) Thanks for the tabs Mitch

Clean! Good job.

Like children of COB said, I either missed some uploads or there's no audio file for your contribution, please do not use the "rolleyes" smiley 'cause it makes you seem like a cunt. I do my best, don't pick holes.

Upload anything you want added to the Soundclick page.

Yeah yeah, sorry bout that, I'll upload some stuff... sometime :)

Recording of the Week - Downfall (Intro - Until Alexi starts singing )

*For the Advanced Players!* - Downfall (Solo)
*For Mitch!* - Downfall (Solo - Blindfolded :D :D :D)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Well, I do agree that the intro is probably even harder than the solo... Shouldn't we reverse the assignment? With some excuse for sloppiness (since I'm too lazy to learn the actual notes lol), even I can play it, maybe even blindfolded? :lol: Which is for now one of the 3 Bodom solos I find possible to play on the violin...

EDIT: I've got and idea, why not make the solo regular, and advanced could play the CRY version of the solo?

It isn't hard for me but don't tell me you never had to practice it to get the timing and feel for it down. I just don't think it is one of the easiest .

I've never said that I can play it without practising. But the thing is that I only need 15min to learn and play it clean and for another solo like T,L&S I need hours or days to play it nearly clean.

:lol:

Nice vid Lorcan, great playing!!

Crzy_Aus: The CRY version of solos are probably easier because they're out of time and full of wrong and dead notes. :p I do that everytime I play guitar!!!

^:lol: That was a slap in the face, :lol: It wasn't that bad IMO.

Come on...This isn't an advanced players part in any way again Tim.

What did he set as advanced at first?? Or was the solo the advanced part from the start?

Fuck off, I can't even play the INTRO riff properly :lol:!!

:lol: I'm exactlu like that. I can manage the second part ok, but the bit where Alexi is playing 8 fret on low E and on A strings is driving me crazy, :erk: I don't think I'll be first again.