Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

^Thanks a lot! I still have to work on accuracy, I'd still like to get them cleaner. And also sometimes I still go out of time, so I stil have a lot of room to practice, :lol:

@Reaperscythe: Wow! Really nice job! Great sound and clean playing! The Warheart one with the bandoke BT rocks!

@Crzy Aus: Nice ones! It must be difficult to pull those 5 string sweeps with the 4 strings of the violins, and also all violin players have my respect from the word go because you play without any frets to guide you. You'll find it normal and not that big deal, but to me is really impressive.

Nice solo Jose!!!! :D :D :D

Thanks dude! Actually from 0:18 to 0:24 is quite fucked up, but I'm quite proud of the rest. I might give it another go tomorrow.

I had done a couple of videos last year, but that was total n00b status and they sucked. I mainly do sound recordings now since I have pod and I haven't yet tried to sync the pod with a video.

ouch dude! does it hurt when you play?

Ahh cool! It'd be cool if more people, like yourself, contributed :) I look forward to anything you have to offer!

And yeah it does! I didn't do myself any favours at the COB gig on thursday night though, as there was a lot of fist pumping and horns being thrown up, which actually hurt!! Hehe! :D

Ahh cool! It'd be cool if more people, like yourself, contributed :) I look forward to anything you have to offer!
haha, well I'll try, but I'm not really skilled enough for bodom.

And yeah it does! I didn't do myself any favours at the COB gig on thursday night though, as there was a lot of fist pumping and horns being thrown up, which actually hurt!! Hehe! :D
damn I'm sure that made it even worse :erk:

Well man, you've inspired me! Or, you've deceived us all when you say things are too hard! Hehe! :D

I don't know if I got that :lol: But that solo is hard for me. It's not something that I can play running around and fooling around with my keyboard player (which as a matter of fact I don't have, :lol:). It's taken me quite a bit sitting at home with the headphones on, playing along with GP. Although when I've started to record, it has only taken me 6 tries IIRC (I've done it just in one track).

I don't use the speed trainer. Just build up when I'm ready after a 5 or 10 mintue sessions at x bpm, then increase it to x+5 BPM- works better for me, The speed trainer puts too much pressure and for makes me play sloppy in a failed attempt to play faster. Just my two cats though :)
Oh and poor Tim, must suck to have that cyst
that seems like a good way to do it. I think I'll try that for this riff. With the speed trainer tho, I usually just set it to the maximum percentage I can play it at...so for example I'll start out at 55% and put the max at 70% if that's the fastest I can play, that way it's like I warm up my fingers with the slower tempos 'till I reach the max.
Nice job! couldn't really find anything wrong with it :D

@Crzy Aus: Nice ones! It must be difficult to pull those 5 string sweeps with the 4 strings of the violins, and also all violin players have my respect from the word go because you play without any frets to guide you. You'll find it normal and not that big deal, but to me is really impressive.

Thanks, it's really not that big of a deal, cuz a lot of the notes are really "approximate"; you rarely get to play the violin at this speed :lol: The 5-string sweeps (theyactually are? wow) are basic 2 or 3-string arpeggios or scales so it's probably the easiest part... As for the absense of frets, well, that's why violin takes a long time to learn to play decently, and I'm lucky to have inherited a perfect pitch from my mother :)

Thanks to all who commented, and nice covers everyone!

Oh and here's my Downfall solofrom my old DOwnfall recording. I'm pretty much satisfied with the playing but I absolutely don't like the tone. Damn Chorus! I can't remove it cause I haven't got my old cep files for this song aon my laptop.

Just uploading one as we speak!

This is just a rough version, as it's 11 oclock here, and I need to be up at 8!

The Bitch is Back (Dual Solo)

Nice one!

Want it on the soundclick?

I would like mines, because I didn't save the CEP files so I don't think I'll be redoing it the whole thing with rytm guitars and everything :lol:

Nice sound and tight playing!

Oh and here's my Downfall solofrom my old DOwnfall recording. I'm pretty much satisfied with the playing but I absolutely don't like the tone. Damn Chorus! I can't remove it cause I haven't got my old cep files for this song aon my laptop.

I like it!

Well, the playing is very good, and the tone is not all that bad, just that the sound wasn't very clean...

As for the chorus editing, can't you just cut part of the mp3 file off in Reaper or some other program??