Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

DOWNFALL Full Violin cover: http://www.sendspace.com/file/zmsr76

Just learned it, still very messy, but best I can do for now. Any comments appreciated =)

DOn't know if it's hard to play on violin cause of the missing frets and I don't wan't to be an ass but I can't hear it twice. Too many wrong notes and it partly really hurts my ears. You really really really have to work on it to hit the right notes.

Well, I did have to omit some stuff cuz it wasn't playable at the full speed. Not like I'm doing a full cover of the guitar part, it's mostly the keyb part anyway...

And, well, I just learned it, hopefully I get it better next time =) Thanks for the feedback

^Thanks =) Well, actually for this one I used the file from the Tab thread as a base, so Mitch has my thanks :) I did edit it quite a bit tho, and dam my left hand hurts like hell cuz I spent the day learning the damn thing. Hopefully, after I practice the thing for about a month (as I did with other full covers b4 posting), it will get somewhat cleaner.

Recording of the Week - Follow The Reaper (Chrous - Bars 42 - 51)

*For the Advanced Players!* - Follow The Reaper (Chorus & Interlude - Bars 42 - 75)

If I manage to do this one this week this will be my last contribution this summer I supose, cos I'm moving to a place where I have no internet and no recording stuff for the whole summer :erk: So I better say bye cover thread until October :erk:

hey for the downfall intro, do you guys play it using strict alternate picking, or do you use economy sometimes too?
I think because I'm throwing some economy picking in there, it's preventing me from speeding it up...

Alternate picking! Learn it correctly! It may take a long time to get but it is one of those mental puzzles. Practice that until you don't even have to think about it (of course, practice other things as well).

I thought I had it down! I automatically use alternate picking for most things now...but for this riff I guess I stumble sometimes and the economy comes back.

^aww, that's sad :-'((

that fucking sucks mate
hope to see you again in october at least

Jose! How could you do this to us?! To the thread?! :(

I know people. It's worse for me than for you. This thread made me push my limits and made me want to record and improve more than anything else (practicing alone is fucking boring :lol:) and I really like the thing of everyone putting on their efforts and stuff, but fucked up stuff is fucked up. I'll try to get back to my nice PC on August once a week so I can do some stuff, but I don't know how often I'll be able to do it :erk:

Thanks for caring and see you in October then :)

Now beating you to first place won't feel the same... Haha! :D

Hehe, don't worry man, just go ahead and take my place at that, I'll try to geet it back in October :kickass: You still have Mitch and Arcane to beat, which btw is really hard :lol:

hey for the downfall intro, do you guys play it using strict alternate picking, or do you use economy sometimes too?
I think because I'm throwing some economy picking in there, it's preventing me from speeding it up...

I use alt picking except maybe 2 or 3 notes that I do only downwards picking cos it feels more comfortable and cos Alexi does it that way.

I know people. It's worse for me than for you. This thread made me push my limits and made me want to record and improve more than anything else (practicing alone is fucking boring :lol:) and I really like the thing of everyone putting on their efforts and stuff, but fucked up stuff is fucked up. I'll try to get back to my nice PC on August once a week so I can do some stuff, but I don't know how often I'll be able to do it :erk:

Thanks for caring and see you in October then :)

Rowr, this thread frigging rocks, and deserves to be stickied already :headbang: "This thread made me push my limits" - haha so true I spent over 5 hours playing yesterday :zombie:

You'd better practice while you're away and start recording the minute you get back home n October :lol:

I use alternate picking for most things, unless it's a heavy repetitive riff, which sounds like it requires a good strong strum! Hehe! Plus alt. picking is easier for faster playing :)

Right. But I found the place that is messing me up see, when I play this

----------------------------|----------------------------|
--10--------7--9------------|--7---------7------------7--|
---------8-----------8--10--|-----8--10--------8--10-----|
------8-----------8---------|---------------8------------|

for those 2 notes in red, I'm upstroking both of them. So my question is, even when 2 notes are 2 strings apart like those 2 are, is it better to economy pick or alt. pick them? Because naturally I economy pick it (using the up strokes) but then that messes me up in the sense that the first beat in every bar has a upstroke instead of a downstroke and I read somewhere that it is more natural to start the beat of every measure with a downstroke. So I'm thinking maybe this is what is preventing me from increasing my speed.

Right. But I found the place that is messing me up see, when I play this

--10--------7--9------------|--7---------7------------7-|
---------8-----------8--10--|-----8--10--------8--10----|
------8-----------8---------|---------------8------------|
--D--U--D--D-U--U--D--U--|--D--U--D--D-U--D--U--D
for those 2 notes in red, I'm upstroking both of them.

That's how I'd play it, I think.. Hehe! :D

:lol: wtf. that's not alternate picking at all. and if you end with that downstroke you'll likely start the next measure with an upstroke and that's part of the problem I think...

It is so! Hehe! Notice the alternation between the up and down strokes! Ah wellz, thats just the way I'd find it easiest to play, unless I've actually put a typo in the U's and D's :)