Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

It is so! Hehe! Notice the alternation between the up and down strokes! Ah wellz, thats just the way I'd find it easiest to play, unless I've actually put a typo in the U's and D's :)

What you're doing is more like economy picking. Alternate picking would be an alternation between up stroke and down stroke for every note in the riff. since you're sometimes playing 2 notes successively with down picking, that nulls the whole concept of "alternate."

Right. But I found the place that is messing me up see, when I play this

----------------------------|----------------------------|
--10--------7--9------------|--7---------7------------7--|
---------8-----------8--10--|-----8--10--------8--10-----|
------8-----------8---------|---------------8------------|

for those 2 notes in red, I'm upstroking both of them. So my question is, even when 2 notes are 2 strings apart like those 2 are, is it better to economy pick or alt. pick them? Because naturally I economy pick it (using the up strokes) but then that messes me up in the sense that the first beat in every bar has a upstroke instead of a downstroke and I read somewhere that it is more natural to start the beat of every measure with a downstroke. So I'm thinking maybe this is what is preventing me from increasing my speed.
I'd like to bump my question. Answers/opinions would be greatly appreciated, thanks! :)

I'd like to bump my question. Answers/opinions would be greatly appreciated, thanks! :)

I think you answered your question before. You want to alternate pick every note that way you always land with a downstroke in the beginning of each measure. Consistency is the key.

Ah, finally finished the full FTR cover; it's first-take, so don't bash it too much...

Uploading - ETA 00:31:28 (at 2.81 KB/Sec)

My full FTR cover:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H0QfB2G7Sw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H0QfB2G7Sw[/ame]