Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

^Thanks! Yep, leads could be a bit louder, but I still can hear it with no problems :ill:

The Kylähullut solo is from the song Kyllä Saa Vanhastakin Panettaa! from the album Peräaukko Sivistyksessä. It's the last track on the album.

Dude, you've improved on playing a lot!:kickass:

Thanks dude!

Chokehold (Cocked 'n Loaded) BT
I'll already start with the BOR bt now, I'll use the tab from ultimate guitar like Mystique said.

:kickass:

Great work Marfal!

You too Jose!

Thanks!

Forgot to comment on this...really good! Guitar looks awesome and you did well on the solo! :kickass:

Thanks! Kylähullut solos are fun to play :)

Bed Of Razors BT

As you all know: those backing tracks totally rely on the guitar pro tab, if anything is wrong, it will be wrong in the BT too. I used for this one the one of UG, and I don't think it was that accurate, which proves Tim's point: Mitch is a quality mark.:p

I also fucked something up at the keyboard solo by copying/pasting in guitar pro. I left it on the orch harp track so now the solo is in the orch harp font.:p, but I must add, that font is really close to the original. ( key introlead)

:kickass:

Sorry if I've asked this before, but how long have you been playing again? You seem to be one of those players who plays naturally with his ears (cuz you said you don't know much theory anyway). Like for the solo you sent me for Fetzer's song, if that's all done by ear, I'm just wondering how you guys do it...like do you just play anything over the BT and if it sounds good you remember the positions or something? I mean how does that work? Cuz whenever I try to play over a BT, I always know the what key it is in first, and so then I know what scales to use on the fretboard. So I just wanna get the other point of view/take on this.

I've been playing 4 years or so IIRC, and yeah, I mainly play with my ears cos my theorical (is it said that way?) knowledge is near to zero. What I normally do is:

1. Try to figure out the rythm guitar in general lines.
2. Start trying pentatonics, e-min shaped sweeps and a couple of scales (sorry I don't know their names, but I can upload a GP file with samples) all over tge fretboard and try to fit them to the BT.
3. Keep playing and adding stuff that sounds good to my ears until I have something that I like and remember the bits that I like.
4. Get my favourite licks from what I've been playing and try to put them together.

May seem like a lot of work, but usually doesn't take me much time. But then when there's a weird riff that I can't get I can spend days and even months trying to figure out something that I really like.

I just play and play and keep pressing play, pause and rewind again and again when I want to figure out something, :lol: And if eventually I can get nothing out of it I just drop it and try again the next day. Also it's not always the same. F.e. for such an Alexi fanboi like me it's way easier to figure out a solo by Alexi or get something that can sound cool from an Alexi solo that f.e. figuring out a Sonata Arctica solo.

And when I'm composing a solo or a melody or whatever I just loop the section and keep playing and playing until I get something that I like.

I should be recording guitars somewhere before Christmas and then the singer would go and record vocals, but until now I have nothing to provide, I'm sorry. I can try and record some samples here at home with FL BTs or something if you're interested in it, but it'll lack vocals. Anyway, you'll be able to see the guitar work at least.

I'll go with sound samples as soon as I have them. I still have to fight Soundclick so I can upload them because I don't know how it works :lol: Anyone cares to explain which kind of account should I get and how to upload and find my songs?

Cheers :)

I've done all the linking, it didn't take long! A few of them didn't have videos, so I couldn't find their youtubes!

Oh well!

What do you think of the first page btw?
First page looks good! Less cluttered than how it previously was.

I've been playing 4 years or so IIRC, and yeah, I mainly play with my ears cos my theorical (is it said that way?) knowledge is near to zero. What I normally do is:

1. Try to figure out the rythm guitar in general lines.
2. Start trying pentatonics, e-min shaped sweeps and a couple of scales (sorry I don't know their names, but I can upload a GP file with samples) all over tge fretboard and try to fit them to the BT.
3. Keep playing and adding stuff that sounds good to my ears until I have something that I like and remember the bits that I like.
4. Get my favourite licks from what I've been playing and try to put them together.

May seem like a lot of work, but usually doesn't take me much time. But then when there's a weird riff that I can't get I can spend days and even months trying to figure out something that I really like.

ah, ok. I'll have to try this looping thing....and I'll try doing it only by ear rather than deciding which position of scales to play.

Btw, are you tabbing out your part of the solo? (for fetzer's song) I've bee waiting for a PM from you! If you can't tab it out, I may just have to write the other half of it? Unless you'd just rather play it yourself with whatever you decide?

^I'm trying to tab it, just that I suck at it. If you don't mind it'd me way easier for me to record it myself and send Kevin a single track with the lead with a 4 count or something so he can fit it into the song or something. I made it so my first sweeps kick in at the same moment as the 15th fret bending that ends what you had already written (bar 55) to get that kind of feeling of one bit ending and a new one starting and not only a full long thing altogether, as if it was different parts/players and stuff, so you'll record what you've written and my stuff would go just after it.

If you don't mind it'd be way easier for me because tabbing for me is really hard. I'd record only a single guitar track with the lead and then Kevin could add it to the mix and do what he wanted with it.

hmmm ok. I kind of wanted to do the solo together, like we would both play the whole thing with harmonies here and there. butttt it's ok if it can't work out that way. Could I at least see the tabs for what you have already?