Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

I didn't contribute to the thread so far because I'm not really interested in covering bodom all the time. But Arcane's idea is good and I hope you don't mind that I join with a different guitar:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/yyzyo7

Ibanez RG 2820 (Prestige Series obviously)
Bolt-on neck
DiMarzio/Ibanez passive humbucker

My thoughts are, that the basic sound is not so far away from your active pickups, but that it needs more gain to sound cranked. That's why I like passive pick ups, by the way.
All in all, the settings didn't really fit that guitar.

Maybe I should give the PX4D a second chance, I record with my Toneport all the time.

Nice to see another person with a Korg. Corny's, reaperscythe's and my recording got nearly the same sound I think but Mitch - you break a bit out of column.
Anyone else here with a Korg?
And would it be to much work for you guys to record it again but with the settings which fits best for you and tell me the settings?

Here'S mine again: http://www.sendspace.com/file/vr58up

Settings:

Gain: 5.0
Bass: 8
Treble: 10
Dyn: Phasout 2.7
Amp: US MDN 10
Cab :2 x 12 BLK 6.0

Thought there was a built in soundcard in toneport

Yes, the toneport is an interface with inbuilt recording card and it's not worse than Mitch's soundcard. IIRC, Mitch doesn't have a PRO soundcard, but a recording soundcard.

Mitch's solo tone sounds simply great because of his fingers. He has a great vibrato and a good playing feeling in general, that's what many people forget.

Yeah, I'm pretty much satisfied with my tone. I think it's nearly perfect now. Well, I will install Reaper tomorrow and record it again to see if it'S a software or a Vista problem.

Hey guys, inspired by flappy's wrath within ROTW recording, I just recorded a full cover of wrath within! Easily one of my favorite cob songs.

Check it out and tell me what you think :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one dude! :headbang:
Some mistakes here and there but very good!

Thanks man! Yeah I find it hard to record a full video take including solo without any mistakes... at least when doing just an audio cover you can do it in multiple takes, like have the song as 1 take and the solo as another take, etc. When you have to record the whole thing as one long recording... I dunno maybe I just psych myself out or lose concentration ;P

Nice one Orb, good to see you keep a nice, tidy room too... Haha!

Hahahaha it's like a bomb went off in here. I'm at college and an inspection was just done 2 days ago and they say I have to get rid of all the trash lol cause I failed the inspection ^_^

Thanks man! Yeah I find it hard to record a full video take including solo without any mistakes... at least when doing just an audio cover you can do it in multiple takes, like have the song as 1 take and the solo as another take, etc. When you have to record the whole thing as one long recording... I dunno maybe I just psych myself out or lose concentration ;P
I think almost everyone has it :p
It's pretty amazing if you have been playing for only 16 months.