Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

He's using A 65 watt amp, and with a good amp and setup, most guitars will sound good- I personally find the LTD alexi 200 a bit shit, but then I'm use to playing mid range to high end guitars.

Yeah I know its all about the amp really, I have a ridiculously shite 10w Marshall one at home so yeah it'll definately make any guitar sound on the shite side I agree. Thanks for the tipps tho :headbang:

Yeah I don't mind either, it's a cool either. The only bad thing is the waiting time between each one.

Indeed. Maybe if it ends up being just 3 or 4 regulars we could make it shorter and change the riff every 3/4 days.

I can be active in this thread too ^^ But I'm not as good as you others on guitar.

Nah, your SNBN cover was good IMO, only that you went too fast on the speed picking parts a bit at the start of the song, :lol: But speeding down is way easier than speeding up, :lol: So you've got it sorted out already, and also we're not nazi about the playing. Otherwise it'd be just Mitch recording cos Tim and I can't compare to him playing, :lol:

Quick, record the intro to Silent Night, Bodom Night!!!

Who cares who's the best, it's just fun fun fun. :D

Exactly :kickass::kickass::kickass:

And, as it's for fun and next week's going to be from AYDY then sure it's not ETID so there's no problem if I upload the intro, cos I started messing around with Mitch's tab for the intro and I decided to record it to hear how I did, :lol:

Tell me what do you think dudes. I'm quite happy cos I managed the sweeps pretty well IMO (I fucked up the 2nd a bit but overall I think they're ok) and I have been quite a long time struggling to get them. The rythm guitars are a bit too distorted first and not enough later, but dunno, it's not that badn and I didn't have more time :)

ETID intro

Btw, Mitch. Did you get any case to the RR J2-SP? I mean it's maybe more worth buying the RR J2-SP rather than buying an RR24 and change the HW to gold and buy a case.

Time to come out of the shadow! Laugh if you will, I'm only doing this for kicks anyways... Ahem.

CoB Accoustic Violin Coverz:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/14zphf

In the zip:
1. SNBN full (incl. solo 'n stuff - I actually made a music sheet for it)
2. Hate me! (in the works, no solo, all by ear)
3. Norther - Darkest Time (full but some improviz. on solo, this one is just for lulz)

I recorded this on my mp3 player's mic. so the quality is atrocious. This is sort of like a preview, tell me what you think, and I might re-record in quality if it's worth the effort ^______^

^Downloading, although opinion might have to wait for tomorrow as I'm really sleepy atm, :lol:

Nice intro Jose! :D

Thanks! What do you think of the tone overall? I don't really like the rythm guitars, cos the first parts are too distorted for my taste and the melody is not enough distorted, :lol: But I recorded it in 5 min so I couldn't really try many things, so I'm happy overall :D

Hmm, nice idea on the cover of the week (this week's is quite easy tho...)

Well, anyhow, nice job on the covers for the week thus far... <-Warheart->, I think you're consistently playing an F instead of an E in the intro...

Thanks! What do you think of the tone overall? I don't really like the rythm guitars, cos the first parts are too distorted for my taste and the melody is not enough distorted, :lol: But I recorded it in 5 min so I couldn't really try many things, so I'm happy overall :D

Yeah, I like your tone, it's really full and sounds pretty awesome!

il do the SNBN this evening.. cant do it earlier..
but if you change the recording every week, please take any day but friday:D

Cool, take your time with it :) I'll be changing the ROTW at about 5 tonight :)

Yo, what will be the next recording of the week? I can't record SNBN cause my guitar is drop C at the moment and I don't want to re-tune Christina.

@Children of COB... tone is good but got lots of wrong notes in it... don't know if you got my tab for this song, but it should be ultra damn pretty accurate :)