Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

What's interesting is he's maybe the best COB vocal coverist I've seen, and still not doing anywhere near as stylish as Laiho with this album (FTR), yet most of people think COB vocals suck, but I've yet to see anyone do better this kind of vocals, except Chuck Schuldiner. It should be realized COB's vocals were magnificent back in the day, but started getting bad around 2003. He's good but he's not quite as good and seems to put in extreme effort (could he do it while playing the guitar also?), and there's this Lamb of God'ish "horn-headed giant pig" sound in half of his vocals which doesn't belong in COB.

This is the best COB vocal-coverist I've heard.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's a good player and funny guy but he sounds like a garage thrash player and improvises too much especially with unnecessary squeals. I like guitar sound to have some character, this is as neutral as it gets. Maybe it's bad camera but all I can hear is plastic hitting steel strings and that takes away the pleasure of listening. Only thing I enjoy about this cover for example is 1:58-1:59, sweet little impro. There's action and that's both a plus and minus.

Only thing I enjoy about this cover for example is 1:58-1:59, sweet little impro.
You mean the fail sweep? I dont wanna be a dick but if you have to modify the song and add some improvised part,which could bo good imo,do it in a proper way and dont just throw in things senseless and often bad-played.

My question is where is this backing track from? I'd like this cool music without these sugamommas singing over it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a fan of that Indian guy with the red SG... his tone is shite, has an awkward vibe for a metal player, and his playing sucks so he masks it with so many unnecessary palm muted notes. And that chick's face was freaking me out in the sinergy cover for some reason.

Her voice doesn't fit the song, but that's just my opinion. The backing track however is done really good. I hope they will put a separate link for the instrumental part only! :lol: