Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

He’s a badass player. I don’t like that kind of studio mastering though and I’m not sure if every bit is really played live, because there’s no single wrong note, no noise, no scratch, nothing. It just sounds 1:1 like the album version.
I’m more a fan of raw recordings like Garrets cover or mine

Reactions: Sany
^If you wanna know what part stood out to me over red wine, it was the kickpedals in sync with the guitar from 0:30-. Your solo sounds like out of Megaman. Try experimenting with tension and release, and try finding your emotion in playing, find out what is your strongest feeling.

This is the Teemu Mäntysaari solo preset. I just changed the mic position a littlebit and added a bit more treble.

The plugin is really cool. It's not so 'big' and doesn't has that versatility the big ones have (like BIAS Fx, Revalver or Toontrack). There isn't even any kind of fx like a delay or reverb, but the good thing is, that you don't have to EQ anything. Just start the standalone, take your guitar and play. It sounds great. But if you want, you can load other impulse files or mics into it.

The only thing what I don't really like is, that the complete thing is a bit bassy (but that could also be because of my guitar) and I miss that aggressive/hard tone you can get out of an Engl, Peavey or Kemper, Axe Fx,... that typical Hatebreeder/Halo of Blood/RRF tone. The whole sounds a bit "soft".