Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Me and my pal Justin recorded a full version of Are You Dead Yet? If anyone is interested.
I recorded all guitars/keys on top of a drum track. Justin done all vocals

Reactions: P4T0U
Am I actually the only one who thinks that ths kind of "songs" sounds like shit, that it has nothing to do with the real, good old 8 bit music from the 80s and 90s and that even the midi player from guitar pro sounds better? Damn, even Joonas' songs got more of an 8-bit music feeling than this one.

It might be the new stuff is leaning on a heavy guitar sound more than the old albums, so there’s less pressure to write epic leads and harmonious stuff or even simple rhythm riffs (which sound better in 8-bit). You might argue that ’limiting the bits’ puts your musical creativity to a test, keeping in mind of course what sounds good in 8-bit still needs to be rich enough to sound full ’on stage’.

I was hesitating to analyze Bodom with Megaman soundtracks (it would get really long and deep), but they share something very similar in the vibe of the melodies, both being very beautiful but still pumped with adrenaline in many different ways, Bodom is just the darker version. And what’s common about them is playing guitar-written stuff on keyboard.

To the guitarists: I haven't played guitr for months and need to fix my neck. Can you:

- tell me the distance between your E and e string and the neck on 12th fret? I used to have a really short distance and I'm at 2mm atm but for some reason it feels really weird to play now

- tell me the distance between th E string and 7th fret when you press the string on 1 and 13th fret? My neck is really flat and needs to be bend a bit.

To the guitarists: I haven't played guitr for months and need to fix my neck. Can you:

- tell me the distance between your E and e string and the neck on 12th fret? I used to have a really short distance and I'm at 2mm atm but for some reason it feels really weird to play now

- tell me the distance between th E string and 7th fret when you press the string on 1 and 13th fret? My neck is really flat and needs to be bend a bit.
I have around 2 mm on the low E and 1,5 mm on the high E at the 12th fret, and half a credit-card or so (0,5 mm perhaps?) between the 7th fret and the low E string when pressing down the 1st and 17th fret (Don't have my guitar with me at the moment so I can't try what it'd be with the 1st and 13th fret).

Reactions: <Arcane>
Sick playing man! I'm a bit confused that you ruined that fast part in the AYDY solo though, which is a relatively easy pattern... Or maybe you don't and I just can't really hear your playing.

Aren't you the guy with that KTS solo which has more views than any other video on YT?

Another thing:

Can it be that I'm the only one with a cover of Hexed on YT? I know that the classical part and the rythm guitars re a bit tricky, but Is the interest in covers really so low nowadays? I mean Hexed is an awesome song but it seems noone cares about doing covers of Bodom anymore.