Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

I guess this is a COB cover, this was for the bloodrunk solo contest a couple years ago, changed it a bit to be a original but in the end some sucky ass guy one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNTd7iLczJI

Ahaha, I remember that stupid contest. I even made a violin cover for it or something. Lost the video though.

Nice solo, and the tongue lick was hilarious :D

----------------

Talking about KTS...

Fat violinist attacks! Fat violinist casts "Flame Shield"!

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Worse than that, it'd take lots of figuring out and practicing, and I'm too damn lazy for that. Also adapting, since some of it is likely out of violin range.

Yay, first time Arcane said he likes one of my covers :D

It's recorded with a webcam mic, what didja expect? :lol: I might eventually have to redo it on my electric, so I can get a better quality sound directly through USB.

Yeah, I can't really say it's bad playing or whatever since I don't know how to play violin but I can remember some of your older covers which were really shit :lol: Have you every tried Apocalyptica?
Oh, maybe you or some of you other guys can help me... Yesterday I heard a really cool version of Nothing Else Matters in the radio. I was sung by a woman (not Avril) with piano and violins in the background. Anybody knows the interpret?

Yeah, I can't really say it's bad playing or whatever since I don't know how to play violin but I can remember some of your older covers which were really shit

Yeah, but well, they helped me get into metal violining, for better or for worse. The funniest thing though, a lot of those crappy covers seem to be doing well on Youtube :lol:

I tried to do a cover for their Stroke but that was long ago and it didn't turn out so well. Overall, I have fun playing along some of their older songs, but I don't think I'll ever make more covers for them. Besides, Apocalyptica is shit nowadays, and I'm more into black and pagan.

As for your question, so many people have covered the song that it'd be pretty hard to find. Try going to Youtube and looking through the covers, maybe one of them is what you're looking for.

Oh, maybe you or some of you other guys can help me... Yesterday I heard a really cool version of Nothing Else Matters in the radio. I was sung by a woman (not Avril) with piano and violins in the background. Anybody knows the interpret?

I know it's not related to COB but I just wanted to throw my cover of the first 4 minutes of Altitudes. Stupid auto-focus. Each time I enter a menu, it activates by itself pshh.

I think this has been posted some time ago but I have never seen anybody doing the harmonics so awesome! I was always wondering what's the right technique for harmonics like this is. I mean I have the same guitar and I think I can do them pretty good now but there must be something different in his technique...

.... I juts watched ALexi playing Sioux City at NAMM backstage area again and I must say that a lot of those bedroom musicians I know on Youtube can do it better than him... :/

the harmonics sound so good because he's doing a really fast and wide vibrato. Also they may sound better but they do have as many takes as they want to get it to sound good.

Redest du jetzt nur von den Harmonics? Ich dachte du meinst den ganzen Ton ansich selbst.
Zählen die Pinch Harmonics auch dazu?

?!? Ich habs die ganze Zeit nur von den harmonics. Ich versteh grad nicht was du meinst, sorry. Aber nochmal... ich habs von den harmonics - oder auch pinch harmonics - den squirrel-effect, den wide vibrato-effect.