Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Hey there evrybody,

I've done a AYDY Cover a few days ago and would love some opinions of you...

Thanks,

TheMetalQu

PS: sorry for my bad english...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm, yeah. The tab in the Tab Thread is not mine. I've posted the correct tab 2 or 3 times but Mitch doesn't care to upload it so... This is what I tabbed Ugly

Yeah, that's the tab I used, too. The one over in the thread is a lot more simplified.

Hm, yeah. The tab in the Tab Thread is not mine. I've posted the correct tab 2 or 3 times but Mitch doesn't care to upload it so... This is what I tabbed Ugly

Can dropbox create a folder with a list of the best up-to-date tabs so we could just click on a simple link (like in your sig, for example) and have read access to them?

I think it demonstrates how much lead melody there is in the song and sort of simplifies it.

Hmm, yeah. Simplify might be the right word. The thing is, the violin definitely doesn't do justice to the main song. But at the same time it changes it to a different sound, which personally I don't like and therefore conclude that violin as a sound can't be used to enhance the COB sound. In that sense, yeah its simplified

Pff, CoB has never sounded particularly atmospheric or mysterious in the first place

What the fuck

Norbix playing the skin-flute.

Easy with the hypocrisy, you've got no evidence to fall back on there hehe. But if appearance were used to judge how much ass one gets, which it is, your videos aren't helping. Btw, I was tipsy when I wrote that message .. came out really strong haha. Sort of a harsh truth.

Otherwise, good covers are rollin in the thread again .. cool stuff. Except vocals. No offense, but I always laugh at people attempting vocal covers in this type of music hehe

look at this girl playing kissing the shadows. It's pretty good, it's rare to see a girl doing a cover for this song.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d-0OjAmKns"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d-0OjAmKns[/ame]

Ugh, another girl guitarist who gets props for being a girl rather than for good playing. That was quite hideous - the note hit rate was 50% at best, and that's even for the verse/chorus that's not horribly difficult. Just no.

^ It feels like you've got the runs down, but you keep trying to rush the tempo. You should try to get the whole thing more even, so that it sounds more fluid.