Children of Bodom LA Wiltern gig December 9th 2006

Jan 19, 2006
Anyone go to this gig? Anyone around know the setlist? They claimed to have played kissing the shadows but i dont remember hearing it.

i'm pretty sure they did play it, i was on the second level towards the right, very close to the stage. but the sound at the venue was shit so i could be wrong. honestly though, when amon amarth played all i heard was drums, vocals, and some excess noise, almost the same with children of bodom.

i was there, they did not play it sadly, one of my favorites, pretty sure they didnt play it the rest of the tour either, supposedly they replaced it with Every Time I Die for a few shows

Ok thats good because i saw that they played it and i could not remember them playing it. I would've really wanted to see EveryTime i Die. My favorite song in of the whole night was Chokehold i love that song live

honestly though, when amon amarth played all i heard was drums, vocals, and some excess noise, almost the same with children of bodom.

Yeah, most of the time the guitars sounded like static during Amon, and not much better for Bodom. It was a good show though, I enjoyed it. Gojira was suprisingly awsome. I hadnt heard them before the show so I was pretty impressed.

yea i was a bit skeptical about the venue, since they only allowed people with wristbands into the bottom level. but when amon ended their set with pursuit of vikings, the 2nd level got crazy, and when cob came on, about 20 people charged through the security to the bottom floor on the right side. great show..bad sound.

I was there, the level above the front, to the left. I thought the sound was good. NO they did not play KTS.

No KTS for sure. Was that first band Gojira or Thor? Either way, they sucked. A bunch of one note chugging bullshit with an occasional A.H. here and there. Their drummer was the only musician that was half-way decent.

First band was Sanctity and yes they sucked, they were the only U.S. band there. Did you guys ever see that one guy that jumped up on stage when CoB was playing?

First band was Sanctity and yes they sucked, they were the only U.S. band there. Did you guys ever see that one guy that jumped up on stage when CoB was playing?

Wtf are you talking about? ;erk: Sanctity was great, maybe the sound wasn't so good at your show, but I heard them two nights in a row and they were great :)

haha yeah during Downfall (Encore). He was up there twice, putting his arm around Alexi, chanting with the lyrics, then Alexi's and Roope's techs came out to get the guy off but the guy just dove back into the audience. He got some fucking balls.

haha. that guy ! I remember looking up from drinking my soda and thinking " who the fuck is that?!" how the hell did he get up there in the first place?

p.s. the sound did suck.

yea i was a bit skeptical about the venue, since they only allowed people with wristbands into the bottom level. but when amon ended their set with pursuit of vikings, the 2nd level got crazy, and when cob came on, about 20 people charged through the security to the bottom floor on the right side. great show..bad sound.

hahaha, i was one of those people, except i didn't charge through security, i jumped over the little balcony on the 2nd floor right above the pit. i almost made it too, except some stupid retarted security saw me jump and followed me into the pit and then threatened to kick me out of the venue if i did it again :Smug:

The same happened in birmingham NEC with the stage level, you required wristbands or the security guards would throw you out if they caught you without one. I snook in several times, however my friends were n00bs and stood back

hahaha, i was one of those people, except i didn't charge through security, i jumped over the little balcony on the 2nd floor right above the pit. i almost made it too, except some stupid retarted security saw me jump and followed me into the pit and then threatened to kick me out of the venue if i did it again :Smug:
Oh my god i remember you, i was behind you a couple guys back, I saw you go down and get caught, The guy in front of me did the same thing and got caught real easy. I remember you calling or texting this one girl behind me and she told us you got caught. I ended up taking your spot at the front. Perfect spot in the whole place shouldnt've given it up

yeah, it was a pretty good spot. and i fuckin got it back just in time for bodom. i had to fight my way through, but i did it.

were you the guy with dark hair, holding on to the railing and i asked you why you had the wristband and weren't in the pit? you and your friend kept shoving the whole crowd back and i managed to sqeeze in between you two.

Wow...How could the first two posters be "up in the air" about whether they played kissing the shadows or not. Do your homework.