New record for Children Of Bodom

Thilo

Sep 14, 2002
Darmstadt, Germany
www.agathodaimon.de
The german magazin METAL HAMMER writes on their hompage, that Children Of Bodom has etablished the record of the most crowd-surfers ever while a concert on the Wacken Open Air. 5000 people (!!!) where carried on hands to the stage. Damn!
Btw, it was an awesome gig!!! I don't think Children Of Bodom have ever played infront of so many people!!!

Hm.. I try to remember (but Zarok will correct me anyway)

Hate Me
Silent Night Bodom Night
Chokehold
Bodom After Midnight
Sixpounder
Angels Don't Kill
Deadnight Warrior
Towoards Dead End
Every Time I Die
Needled 24/7
Hate Crew Deathroll
Downfall

No garantie for the order.

They didn't play TLS because the two times they played it live, it were in the internet the next day!

Sister Of Sorrow said:
:lol: :kickass: Yeah you can do that, I guess everybody would be happier then :lol:
I disagree with that. Or maybe not...

Sister Of Sorrow said:
Were you the guy that was talking with Zarok before the Kotipelto show ?!?
No!! Das war so'n anderer Spast! Der Thilo ist echt cool in echt.

Alexi told the crowd to do a lot crowdsurfing because it looks so fucking great from the stage.

"We had to wait for CHILDREN OF BODOM till the “children” came on stage. The most “female” person of the festival has been singer / guitar player Alexi who used eye liner and nail polish. He also used the “F-word” 4 times every sentence so you almost couldn’t understand what he announced. But musically it has been a blast! The guitars have been too quietly at the beginning that you almost missed the fantastic guitar solos, especially at “After Midnight”, “Dead Fucking Dead” or “Everytime I Die”. But the songs kept the audience and they banged and clapped their hands as hell. When they started the last song, keyboard player Janne “refused” start playing so all the people had to shout “Asshole” for starting him play. This succeeded and they ended their set after just having played one hour. (Fabian Freese)"

^this was taken from http://www.wacken.com/index_eng.html

..."dead fucking dead" :err:

Sister Of Sorrow said:
But they didn't play any new songs on Wacken. They told me they'll never play any new songs on any festival again before
the release cos they were really pissed off that T,L&S was spread on the internet immediately after Sauna Open Air.
Really ? Shit :/
I recently read an article saying that cellphone with camera was forbidden at some shows (I'm not talking about COB there, just some various shows around the world), one of the reason was simply that picture could be taken, then sold on ebay, thus making no money for the artist.
I found that pretty lame, but in the case of a bootleg of the new single, it's more problematic.

Well it depends of how the band takes it. If they think they forgot about bootlegs and everything spreading fast on the net, or if they think recording stuff is a problem in live shows.

The main problem being the crappy quality. Even the recent radio rip had not a great quality and some didn't like the new songs until they heard a better version. So what about a really crappy live bootleg... :rolleyes:

Well another big problem is that the release of the single is delayed.
You'd better sell a song when it's still hot in the mind of the fans.
I hope it'll be available in the rest of the world quite fast... Not 3 months later like HCDR. Anyone knows if it'll be -well maybe not a worldwide release but- easy to buy it without having to send a letter to spinefarm with a few $$ in it ?
rolleyes.gif

ubiquitos said:
most of the time

all the time.

thats awsome how CoB set the fucking record. god damn, when my friend went to see them with Iced Earth he said that CoB easily stole the show and the crowd was fucking insane, and when IE came on the crowd was pretty much dead.

CoB should have headlined.

Sister Of Sorrow said:
Sure...it's also the right order.

Hate me
Chokehold
Silent
Bam
Sixp
Angels
Needled
Deadnite
Towards
Everytime
HCDR
Downfall

Do they ever play kissing the shadows anymore :(

For me it was a record of crowd-pushing and crowd-shoving... I stood in second row and I neither got to see nor to hear much because the people were shoving and pushing so hard.... at one time I almost puked because there was simply no room left for my stomach and it's contents.

Im not a big a big fan of crowd surfing at all. The last thing I want went i'm watching a band is someone's foot kicking me in the back of the head.

I can understand people getting into the music and start shoving and getting a bit aggressive, because metal does that to people obviously.

But I really cannot see the point in crowd surfing myself. The end result of it is having to go to the back of the audience and probably losing a piece of clothing in the process.

Day_Before_Dawn said:
Im not a big a big fan of crowd surfing at all. The last thing I want went i'm watching a band is someone's foot kicking me in the back of the head.

I can understand people getting into the music and start shoving and getting a bit aggressive, because metal does that to people obviously.

But I really cannot see the point in crowd surfing myself. The end result of it is having to go to the back of the audience and probably losing a piece of clothing in the process.

Yeah I dont do that anymore due to the last time I did it, I got my shirt ripped right off of me. Good thing I was wearing a bra that night.