Children Of Bodom soon on World-Tour with Iced Earth?

Thilo

Sep 14, 2002
Darmstadt, Germany
www.agathodaimon.de
Jon Schaffer, mainman of Iced Earth, said in an interview with the German magazine "Rock Hard" that Iced Earth would like to go on world-tour with COB as support act.

"...We think about taking Children Of Bodom with us - worldwide would be the best. But there are names of other bands like Symphony X, Soilwork and Manowar we talked about..."

HOLY SHIT, ICED EARTH SYMPHONY X, and COB, ALL ON ONE SHOW. HOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHIT, this sounds like a good idea

Hmm, if this could be possible? This would be the second world tour for the Hate Crew Deathroll album. COB just need to play in South America; then they toured in all important Metal countries. And they said that they will do that in 2004. So maybe they will do only this with Iced Earth.

The thing is that a full world tour would last a long time and COB (ok, Alexi) wouldn't have time to write new songs. Alexi didn't write new songs yet and he never wrote songs on the road. And then there is also Sinergy which will record a new album in the next year and they also wanna tour...

I really don't see it happening, I think he was just thinking his thoughts out loud about what bands he would like to tour with... Zarok has already explained why (the Sinergy thing being the biggest reason I imagine, since they are recording their new album next month).

Yeah, I also think that it was some kind of wishful thinking of Jon because I don't think that he knows COB's schedules. They have to be very careful with tour booking because of Sinergy. And next year is a "Sinergy year" again. In 1999, 2001 and 2003 it was new COB album with tour, in 2000, 2002 and 2004 it's new Sinergy album with tour.

:cry: well that sucks, but i can see their point. Its tough being in two highly succesful bands at once. plus song writing, ale's replacement, and planning is crazy

Stun said:
I really don't see it happening, I think he was just thinking his thoughts out loud about what bands he would like to tour with... Zarok has already explained why (the Sinergy thing being the biggest reason I imagine, since they are recording their new album next month).

It´s not just thoughts or wishes from Schaffer, Alexi also said in a interview that maybe they tour with Iced Earth in a interview (www.paradisemetal.com). But he specify just north america on this possible tour and it will happen in march/april. So maybe it´s not a world tour, just support in the US.

So, at least Iced Earth is trying to have the support of CoB.

But I also have the same thoughts, I think the next year will be of Sinergy

Man I fucking hope that happens!!! They'll actually get a chance to play more than 6 songs too!

Mhh... Iced Earth's new Album is sad to kick major ass o_O And Iced Earth are reknown beyond recognition XD So if CoB&Iced Earth would go on a Tour together, even more people would praise the Reaper! Even if it'll "only" be Iced Earth with Symphony X and Soilwork, it'll be good o_o Soilwork are good ^.^